Another Must Read article !

Smith etc. will steady the Club and create new foundations on which to build a team for the future.

It IS a backward step in terms of looking for European success but the Club has been in decline now for several years and we need to gather momentum domestically.

I believe that PLG would have been a good appointment after a period of domestic domination and I also believe that Smith will provide this.

• 2 weeks later...

Gordy, give Walters previous stay at Ibrox, I'd say the last thing he was gonny do was lay the 'foundations' for ANYTHING.

Expect more and more players reaching the end of their careers arriving at Ibrox.

Very, very few kids will get their chance and we'd be as well shutting Auchenhowie down.

:(

Gordy, give Walters previous stay at Ibrox, I'd say the last thing he was gonny do was lay the 'foundations' for ANYTHING.

Expect more and more players reaching the end of their careers arriving at Ibrox.

Very, very few kids will get their chance and we'd be as well shutting Auchenhowie down.

:(

have to say i agree. if he'd still been our manager bf would probably have never kicked a ball in earnest.

i dunno - i've went from gloom -> happy -> gloom on this appointment.

Not sure I agree with you both.

In WS last stint at the club he also had an endless supply of cash in which to bring proven players in.

That is a glaring difference, we obviously don't have the funds to make that happen so we will have two options - either get players nearinbg the end of their careers or utilise Murray Park - it might be that they will go with the former but I suspect they will go with the latter.

I think the signnigs of Ehiogu and Weir have thrown up alarm bells - but it is only a few short weeks ago we were screaming out for some experience at the back - we now have it, although hopefully it is only a short-term fix.

Weir strolled through the game on Sunday and if that continues he will be a very good addition to the team. Ehiogu is proven too and we now actually have strength in depth at that position - I would hope that WS will play ONE of Ehiogu and Weir and partner them with Svensson or Webster - and have the other 2 partner each other - basically rotating your CB's as a unit.

Who knows......

One thing that needs to be mentioned is PLG reduced the average age of the side to something like 23 for most games. So 2 experienced players with age on there side will do absolutely no harm at all.

This article is my thoughts entirely, i wish i was bright enough to have written it.

I wasn't keen on Smith first time around as i feel he inherited a great team and watched it wither away. His Euro tactics were walk on the park away from home and keep 11 players defending our goal. Try and steal a win at home. This was also his Scotland vision as i see it. More of the same for us then.:sigh: