So, Weir, Webster and Egiogh in - more to follow?

I think Wier and Ehiogu are good short term measures that will help the likes of Svensson. If JC doesn't want to say then let him go, it looks like Lyon or Psg will sign him and also looks like we'll get in more then we paid for him. Good bit of business. I'd still love to see Brown at Ibrox, let's hope it happends. Surely the rumours about Fotheringham aren't right are they:admin:

looks like we're set to batter the spl into submission again. and nothing more.

i'm not happy about all thats came out in recent times, and i'm not convinced walter's the man to take us further forward than domestic success.

but i suppose thats all we can expect now.

I am very happy if Walter can get the bread and butter back to Ibrox,a european run is a bonus , we are in europe just to make money out of it

I'm glad Walter made moves to sign not 1 but 3 central defenders as his first signings. At last someone at Ibrox can see that we've been rank rotten at the back for the last 2 or 3 seasons. I thought Weir's influence was clear last week, suddenly we were winning high balls for the first time in a while. Hopefully he can form a strong partnership with Ugo or Webster and stop us leaking so many really weak goals.

The lack of other signings is a bit worrying though. Surely we can't just be waiting for cash to come in from Clement? We really need another striker and one or two midfielders. I think Hemdani is a great player but I'm just not convinced by how suited he is to the SPL. I thought he actually looked more positive when playing at centre half and I think maybe Fergie stifles him a bit.

I'm glad Walter made moves to sign not 1 but 3 central defenders as his first signings. At last someone at Ibrox can see that we've been rank rotten at the back for the last 2 or 3 seasons. I thought Weir's influence was clear last week, suddenly we were winning high balls for the first time in a while. Hopefully he can form a strong partnership with Ugo or Webster and stop us leaking so many really weak goals.

The lack of other signings is a bit worrying though. Surely we can't just be waiting for cash to come in from Clement? We really need another striker and one or two midfielders. I think Hemdani is a great player but I'm just not convinced by how suited he is to the SPL. I thought he actually looked more positive when playing at centre half and I think maybe Fergie stifles him a bit.

As long as Fergie keeps trying to be a one man world beater he will stiffle everyone, even his manager. Fergie now has to let Hemdani take the ball from the defenders when possible and start playing in a more advanced midfield position,or at least parallel to Hemdani to offer two options out of defense.

I think the signings are a master stroke. That gives us 4 centre halfs again or 5 if you include Hemdani.

Not only that its a mixture of youth and experience and also a bit of quality now. Ehiogu (nightmare to spell) would have been an England regualr if it was for there speel of good centre halfs. These 2 signings kind of makes up for us not getting Pressley.

Long term Svensson and Webster are the partnership but they have got Weir and Ehiogu to get them up to scratch.

All we need now is a creative player in midfield who also has a bit of bite.

With the 3 centre half signings id love to see us go 3-5-2. (Webster injured)

_________________McGregor_________________

________Svensson___Weir____Ehiogu__________

Burke_____Ferguson______Hemdani____Adam___

__________________Buffel___________________

____________Prso_________Boyd_____________

Thats still 6 Scots in the line up with Rae, Webster, Smith, Hutton all on the bench.

I think it depends on what's been said to Svensson. He was obviously expecting to mainly be playing reserve football this season to get used to the Scottish game. So will he be given a break and play in the reserves for a bit? That might dent his confidence, but if that's not going to happen, then why sign 3 centre halves, 2 of whom are on short term deals? Weir and Ehiogu might start against Hearts.

I don't think we'll play with all 3 of them as that system can be a 'mare for defenders to play well and as England showed, even with much better centre halves than we've got it causes confusion.

I'd really hoped we'd have boosted our midfield and options up front before the Hearts game, but I guess that's not going to happen.

So, should we be panicked by this silence in the transfer window or just assume that there's a few deals being worked on at the moment?

So, should we be panicked by this silence in the transfer window or just assume that there's a few deals being worked on at the moment?

I think the latter.

Jason Culina is being touted as a signing for us.

I think the latter.

Jason Culina is being touted as a signing for us.

Saw that on sky sports website.

Australian midfielder playing for PSV. Probably not a regular there by the sounds of it.

Agent touting him as having a bit of dig and will chip in with goals.

I personally know nothing about him.

Edit went and found the link http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=443875&CPID=14&clid=67&lid=7&title=Gers+linked+with+PSV+move&channel=&

Re-edit: Weir wants to extend his stay. Source Skysports website. You'll easily be able to find the story from the link above. Reckons he can play till he's 40.