Yes, this is why it's useful and also some points can be easily communicated to senior management/directors easily without having to wait for minutes to be produced or interpreted. There is the option to have the person leave if required so I don't see the big problem.

It might be a little inhibiting but they can be excluded as you say and on the whole I think it's beneficial.

Yes I do; but I was given the figures in confidence and I will respect that confidence.

I do not believe it is appropriate for the figures to be released piecemeal.

I twice asked for all the figures to be published at the time of the declaration on 25 September.

I will ask again at the next meeting.

If you were given the figures in confidence you are right to respect that confidence, but the question I would then ask is this: why should this information need to be kept secret?

In an election of this type, the votes cast for all candidates should be published, including figures for turnout - and turnout as a percentage of total membership.

Yes I do; but I was given the figures in confidence and I will respect that confidence.

I do not believe it is appropriate for the figures to be released piecemeal.

I twice asked for all the figures to be published at the time of the declaration on 25 September.

I will ask again at the next meeting.

Were you expressly told not to release that figure ?

What was the reason given for not releasing them ?

If you were given the figures in confidence you are right to respect that confidence, but the question I would then ask is this: why should this information need to be kept secret?

In an election of this type, the votes cast for all candidates should be published, including figures for turnout - and turnout as a percentage of total membership.

I agree with you 100% and I made the point very forcibly at the time.

An election not only has to be fair it has to be seen to be fair and the turnout and votes cast for each candidate are part of that process.

I was advised the percentage vote I secured (49%) and only after much pushing did I get the percentages for all 3 candidates in my category.

I agree that this is not satisfactory and I will push hard for the full figures to be released and if I have the backing of my colleagues I don't see how Rangers could resist.

Were you expressly told not to release that figure ?

What was the reason given for not releasing them ?

I am not answering any further questions on this.

As has been noted by others in this thread, and as you are ably demonstrating here, anything I say will be dissected and used against me by you.

I have made my position perfectly clear in the two posts above, I have nothing further to add.

Anything else is a matter for the Club.

I agree with you 100% and I made the point very forcibly at the time.

An election not only has to be fair it has to be seen to be fair and the turnout and votes cast for each candidate are part of that process.

I was advised the percentage vote I secured (49%) and only after much pushing did I get the percentages for all 3 candidates in my category.

I agree that this is not satisfactory and I will push hard for the full figures to be released and if I have the backing of my colleagues I don't see how Rangers could resist.

This issue doesn't require another meeting.

An email request to the relevant person at the club should do the trick. It's a simple question and someone already has the answer.

In a room nearby to be called on as and when required.

That's not reasonable, you know it's not reasonable and it's not going to happen.

There will be occasions when a certain member of staff is asked to attend to deal a with a certain issue or issues but that is another matter.

This issue doesn't require another meeting.

An email request to the relevant person at the club should do the trick. It's a simple question and someone already has the answer.

As I said I did that twice on 25 September following legitimate requests on here and it was also my own opinion in any event. Since I didn't get a satisfactory response, the correct thing to do in my opinion is to raise it formally at a meeting and I have said I will do that.

We agree on the basic premise, kindly allow me to pursue it in my own way.

Do you know how many votes were cast in the 'away fans' category?

You're completely changing your story here Alan because you told us on Friday that you did not have the numbers.

Hildy asked you the following question earlier in the thread:

Can we have a complete breakdown of the voting numbers, please - both numbers of votes and percentages - for all candidates?

To which you replied with the following:

The constituency was approx 23,000 and I don't have the breakdown of the voting numbers but I know I got 49% of the vote in a 3 person race and won by 22% (the other two candidates combined got 51%).

So you didn't have the voting figures on Friday morning, but now you have them?

When exactly was it that you were given them 'in confidence' then?