I don't believe there should be any members of the club present for a fan group meeting. If the club insists on this, let the fans have someone sitting in on every board of directors meeting.

I have some sympathy with this point but it is actually helpful to have senior staff present as they can answer certain points right away.

If you review the Membership Scheme thread that Frankie has reposted then you will see that I said as much in the OP:

"The proposal would be that the members would elect a Supporters Board (as in the Hamburg model) and that that Board would elect one or two members to the Club Board."

I have some sympathy with this point but it is actually helpful to have senior staff present as they can answer certain points right away.

Yes, this is why it's useful and also some points can be easily communicated to senior management/directors easily without having to wait for minutes to be produced or interpreted. There is the option to have the person leave if required so I don't see the big problem.

If you review the Membership Scheme thread that Frankie has reposted then you will see that I said as much in the OP:

"The proposal would be that the members would elect a Supporters Board (as in the Hamburg model) and that that Board would elect one or two members to the Club Board."

It's helpful to have club officials on hand, but they should not be present in the room.

The chances of the Club boards allowing any fans to be appointed to the board of directors under the current ownership and power regime at Ibrox is zero.

Even if they were it could easily be meaningless anyway. Any decisions could be made outside of any board meetings and just ratified without any discussions at the meeting.

Even if they were it could easily be meaningless anyway. Any decisions could be made outside of any board meetings and just ratified without any discussions at the meeting.

Exactly, but I was also referring to fans such as guys from the Dave King, Jim McColl, Paul Murray & co camp who've previously tried to get onto the Club board via last year's requisition, then the AGM and more recently via King & co's £16m funding offer.

Sadly, the GreenCo/BPH/Margarita/Easdale power block appear to vehemently oppose any attempts by Rangers men to get a foot in the door.

Do you know how many votes were cast in the 'away fans' category?

Yes I do; but I was given the figures in confidence and I will respect that confidence.

I do not believe it is appropriate for the figures to be released piecemeal.

I twice asked for all the figures to be published at the time of the declaration on 25 September.

I will ask again at the next meeting.

The chances of the Club boards allowing any fans to be appointed to the board of directors under the current ownership and power regime at Ibrox are zero.

I agree but I was just responding to Hildy's point.

I don't think it's impossible in the fullness of time if the RFB is successful but a fans representative on any Club board is in a very difficult position because of confidentiality.