I'd imagine that will apply to the majority of the 23,000.

Recent history has shown us that for all their flaws apathy has been the biggest enemy of all our fan groups - official ones or not.

I think if you look at the other end of the M8, there is an interesting and relevant process underway.

Hearts, after being at the cliff edge, have been transformed by what would appear to be an ownership structure that share the general longterm interests of the club throughout, from boardroom to dugout to the support.

They now have coherent, transparent on and off-field strategies going forward and as a result the support are very much buying into it.

To be constructive, real transparency and earned trust must come from the top and filter downwards,............... gravity and history tell us so.

I think if you look at the other end of the M8, there is an interesting and relevant process underway.

Hearts, after being at the cliff edge, have been transformed by what would appear to be an ownership structure that share the general longterm interests of the club throughout, from boardroom to dugout to the support.

They now have coherent, transparent on and off-field strategies going forward and as a result the support are very much buying into it.

To be constructive, real transparency and earned trust must come from the top and filter downwards,............... gravity and history tell us so.

Unfortunately we don't have an Anne Budge to facilitate such a hand-over.

Throughout the last few years, the fans have been an after-thought for most of those that consider themselves a possible long-term owner.

Ironically it's been only Charles Green that made much of an effort there but his intentions were perhaps less than honourable in that sense.

I think I've mentioned this a few times.

FS says 683 people voted in the Disabled category. For argument's sake if we generously say double that figure voted in the others that gives us 1400 people. Also for the sake of debate, if we accept there are 23,000 RFB members (season ticket holders and stand-alone scheme members without tickets) then that means 1400 out of 23000 voted which is a 6% turnout.

Obviously these numbers are unsubstantiated so we can only make very general assumptions from them. For example, there may be 23,000 scheme members but I don't know how these people were contacted vis-a-vis the voting procedures open to them. I don't know if people could vote by email, mail or telephone.

Consequently, perhaps the RFB can produce a report on the election results if people think it necessary.

If FS knows the number of people who voted in his category, is it not reasonable to assume that other elected members will know the number who voted in their category, and if they don't, they will be able to find out?

Unfortunately we don't have an Anne Budge to facilitate such a hand-over.

Throughout the last few years, the fans have been an after-thought for most of those that consider themselves a possible long-term owner.

Ironically it's been only Charles Green that made much of an effort there but his intentions were perhaps less than honourable in that sense.

No-one has covered themselves in glory whether it be for being out-manouvered or for being dishonest.

One important difference was that the Hearts supporters found a solution in a unified manner from Ann Budge to the fan with a ten pound direct debit.

The division that was deliberately sown years ago and cleverly nutured ever since, has played an important part in how events have unfolded at Ibrox. Making the enviroment favourable for the incumbents in a way that effectively put a metaphorical 5 metres extra on the wall around the boardroom, unless X was happy to pay a premium Yp to knock it down.

So effectively only those that are online out of the possible 23,000 electorate would have known or been able to vote in the election?

I'd imagine that would still be a reasonably high percentage* but it seems somewhat unfair to those members who don't use the internet.

*Figures from Ofcom last year show that the level of broadband uptake in Scotland is 70% of the population

I agree and I raised that but I couldn't get it changed this time.

Jim Hannah used to big up the Assembly yet their elections were never in public or generally known to the fan base online who are most likely to be aware of goings on. I doubt very much few polling numbers will get in the way of his new toy. He helped screwed the Assembly via his agenda and side taking, this time I'd hazard a guess that the RFB has even more willing monkeys (FS the exception). I've heard he takes very little to do with the RFFF, probably IMO because he can't control the people on the committee.

For the RFB to regain credibility all club employees must take a back seat after office bearing elections and then supporters can start judging if the fans board has the interests of fans or directors.

12.9 The Club, where possible, shall be represented at every meeting of the RFB by at least one member of staff of the Club and no more than three members of staff of the Club; for the avoidance of doubt, no representative or staff member of the Club shall be entitled to vote on any matter to be determined at RFB meetings ........The chairperson shall have the ability, if he/she so wishes, to request that staff members of the Club vacate the meeting at any time, including, when any vote is taking place.

The voting this year was by members. Season ticket holders got free (and automatic) membership. Will this change in future years? Will season ticket holders be charged?

I have asked that question but apparently it has not been decided at the moment.

12.9 The Club, where possible, shall be represented at every meeting of the RFB by at least one member of staff of the Club and no more than three members of staff of the Club; for the avoidance of doubt, no representative or staff member of the Club shall be entitled to vote on any matter to be determined at RFB meetings ........The chairperson shall have the ability, if he/she so wishes, to request that staff members of the Club vacate the meeting at any time, including, when any vote is taking place.

Seems fair enough to me.

I don't believe there should be any members of the club present for a fan group meeting. If the club insists on this, let the fans have someone sitting in on every board of directors meeting.