Confirmed: Macleod called up for Scotland

Still one of his better suggestions :D

PS - Reminds me of the time Eck tried to sign someone who had been retired for months. Might have been Aron Winter.

Hardy har :D

Never knew that about Bocanegra to be fair although according to this http://www.thegoatparade.com/2014/10/25/7069069/no-storybook-ending-for-carlos-bocanegra-playing-career-chivas-usa seems like they hoped he would have recovered before he retired. I'm sure the concussion symptoms would not last till January.

But in truth I am thinking of the days where we would play/sign a wild card - like bringing back Hateley.

I would not feel confident going into the cup game without a couple of signings - and with the financial position we find ourselves we will need to think outside the box.

Mo Edu on loan anyone?

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

A week ago Saturday at Dumbarton with the absence of Black, MacLeod did play, in the middle of the park, and was unimpressive IMHO.

Last Saturday he played on the right side and in the second half was the only offensive threat/spark in a dismal display.

I don't care where he plays as long as he plays. He is a gem with a very bright future. I hope he stays and becomes a legend.

Truly sick of this 'playing out of position' pish, give it a rest ...............

He doesn't wear the number 10 jersey for a laugh, that's for sure and if you look at the best number 10's they can essentially play anywhere across the midfield and front line.

That is exactly what Lewis Macleod is being trained to do now and while he didn't have a great game tonight, which I'd maybe put down to new/unfamiliar pressure, the concept of playing a free No10 role is definitely not alien to the lad. In fact, he's very very good at it.

This ��

Look where MacLeod's assists/goals have come from, his game sense, passing plays. Over the last two season when the Black, Law, MacLeod midfield partnership was established against lesser opposition, all three rotated freely throughout midfield & attack. Law has clearly been the bigger disappointment through his inconsistency, despite a great engine and scoring ability. (Can anyone explain how he manages to disappear in games?) MacLeod in contrast is gaining valuable experience and confidence from his free rein, long may it continue.

Well done to Strachan for recognising the emerging talent. Keep up the good work Lewis ...............

This is essentially one of the problems you face when you are where we are. We can only trawl at a certain level, which these days is mid-table "SPL". You might find the odd better player willing to come, but you'd have to pay even more over the odds than we do right now. And with these mid-tablers you might get the odd gem, but more often than not you have people who are used to have one good game in three or five. We do expect them to have a good game every game and not many are able to live up to that right now. People may disagree, but IMHO the only players who have kept their form consistently this season are Clark, Black, and McGregor. Which is not to say that their form has always been up to what you would say is Rangers standard - though we won't see that for a couple of years at least. What I do expect is that the manager is able to see a Law being off the pace after 45 mins or so ... and take him off. IMHO he was utterly hopeless in both Dumbarton games - at least when it comes to the job he was actually supposed to do. And once you give players this "you play no matter what" feel, why would they rip out a leg in the future (as we use to say), if they get away with that kind of display? Not that I assume that any player has that attitude straight away.