Falkirk reject second Rangers bid for star

The 24-year-old forward player is out of contract in the summer and both Rangers and Wolves are keen to prise him away from Falkirk before the end of January.

"The remaining months of the season constitute a very important phase for the development of the club and the progress we hope to make," said a statement on the Bairns official website.

"Alan's contribution to this could be significant and therefore all offers in the region of the one received from Rangers Football Club will be rejected.

"We expect Alan Gow will be available for selection for our SPL match against Kilmarnock on Saturday at the start of a very important week for Falkirk Football Club."

Del.

I cant see there being much in it. If we tempt them a wee bit more I reckon Falkirk will bite. Just depends how much Walter wants him in the squad.

The thing is as long as we keep Buffel do we really need him at this moment. They want 500.000 for a player who has done little up to now and is only a maybe he can come good. I still say if we have him on a pre-contract let him stay at Falkirk and take him for nothing in the summer.

Im still not believing we are going for Falkirk players.

Thank god they turned it down. Does anyone think he is the man to blast us into the last 8 of the UEFA cup??

I know money isnt flowing but surely surely surely out sights have to be more ambitious than this.

Im still not believing we are going for Falkirk players.

Thank god they turned it down. Does anyone think he is the man to blast us into the last 8 of the UEFA cup??

I know money isnt flowing but surely surely surely out sights have to be more ambitious than this.

He is still young Gribz. Marc Overmars came from the Go Ahead Eagles a Dutch second division team and went on to play for Ajax,Barcelona and Arsenal. Even the top players have to start somewhere. I think Roy Keen also came from the English lower leagues. Just because he plays for Falkirk does not mean he can't become a top player.

He is still young Gribz. Marc Overmars came from the Go Ahead Eagles a Dutch second division team and went on to play for Ajax,Barcelona and Arsenal. Even the top players have to start somewhere. I think Roy Keen also came from the English lower leagues. Just because he plays for Falkirk does not mean he can't become a top player.

How many great ex Gers came from "lowly" scots side.