I have always considered the club/company argument to be an irrelevance which took on far greater importance due to the petty squabbling between Rangers fans and those of other clubs, mainly Celtic, and it still goes on to this day.

The old company 'died' in a purely legal sense, that is a given, but I defy anyone to argue that the club today is the same one which held us all tightly in it's vice-like grip from our very first game - it is now an empty husk. Ultimately, all that time, money, energy and anguish spent arguing was for nothing other than a bit of oneupmanship for those with 'Celtic mates' as the legal toing and froing continues unabated and the Greens, Ashleys and Irvines of this world continue to use it as a sideshow to hide all their evil plans behind.

I am in part agreement with that.

For me, emotionally the husk isn't yet completely empty but it's certainly driving full speed towards it.

The board has had it's eye's open.

The RIFC/TRFC directors could have settled for a lesser amount of Telfer money in the summer as per Wallace but apparently Sandy Easdale insisted in taking to a tribunal.

Then there was the vanishing statement on the day of the Telfer verdict.

Now we have the timing of this announcement.

When did the SPFL actually inform Rangers that they'd withold broadcast revenue ?

It seems Wallace and Somers agreed the liability some months ago.

Edited by Frankie

I have always considered the club/company argument to be an irrelevance which took on far greater importance due to the petty squabbling between Rangers fans and those of other clubs, mainly Celtic, and it still goes on to this day.

The old company 'died' in a purely legal sense, that is a given, but I defy anyone to argue that the club today is the same one which held us all tightly in it's vice-like grip from our very first game - it is now an empty husk. Ultimately, all that time, money, energy and anguish spent arguing was for nothing other than a bit of oneupmanship for those with 'Celtic mates' as the legal toing and froing continues unabated and the Greens, Ashleys and Irvines of this world continue to use it as a sideshow to hide all their evil plans behind.

The club and who owns it are 2 separate issues.

I can be a Rangers supporter and despise the likes of green/ashley very easily.

Edited by jhunter

It's not irrelevant as long as people pursue the club for our honours.

What will be the next five way agreement to secure Ashley's involvement?

That's what i meant by my post #2. They are after those league titles, they've never stopped being determined to get them. Either deduct enough so they soon overtake us or stop all our history at 2012. You can see us walking right into this trap.

Edited by SteveC

Do we get the transfer fees and prize money witheld by SPL/SPFL now too then?

BTW, ain't there anyone responsible if the media is repeatedly spouting lies? E.g.

- for their widespread use of undisclosed payments to players

- after the club failed to disclose dozens of payments worth millions of pounds from 2000 to 2011

These payments were in the annual accounts (and unless I am mistaken, have been ruled legal bar a few rather minor offences)?

EDIT: The fine was imposed on Oldco back then, for the use of side letter et al. The statement back then distanced NewCo from that though.

Edited by der Berliner

It's not irrelevant as long as people pursue the club for our honours.

What will be the next five way agreement to secure Ashley's involvement?

The honours are all intact, both in the history books and, more importantly, in all our memory banks, thanks, by all accounts, to McCoist arguing against any removal. The five way agreement was something which should never have been accepted, in any of it's forms, but Green was in such a hurry to rake in the cash that he took it on the chin.

Do we get the transfer fees and prize money witheld by SPL/SPFL now too then?

BTW, ain't there anyone responsible if the media is repeatedly spouting lies? E.g.

- for their widespread use of undisclosed payments to players

- after the club failed to disclose dozens of payments worth millions of pounds from 2000 to 2011

These payments were in the annual accounts (and unless I am mistaken, have been ruled legal bar a few rather minor offences)?

Misleading and deflectionary bullshit coming from the boardroom is a wee bitty more important wouldn't you say ?

The sooner you realise this, the sooner you will stop getting so much, so wrong.

Edited by buster.