At what point should we, as fans, have taken control of the club and how? When we were in the midst of 9-in-a-row should we have been chanting "Murray out!". When SDM was selling up, should we have committed to buying then - when we were being constantly told that an unpayable tax bill was round the corner? Would Duff and Phelps have accepted a fan's group bid over Green's, and even if it had, would we have been able to plot the course through, or even tolerate the prospect of liquidation?

It would be great if we were in control of the club, but the fact that we aren't isn't the fans' fault -yes, we have our problems with divisions etc. but regardless of that we've never had a chance to take control.

The RST put the idea on the table over ten years ago but there was no need to chant 'Murray Out'.

It would have been far better to sit with Murray and get him to buy into the idea. Ironically, when it was too late, Murray finally thought there was some merit in it.

Almost every problem we have is to do with the ownership of Rangers, and yet there is almost no effort to address this.

When things go wrong we insist on going on the march which highlights how impoverished we are when it comes to solving our problems.

We protest but no-one is listening. It's far better to seek out constructive solutions but most would rather just take a chance and wait for a sugar daddy.

That's why we are in this God-forsaken place.

I'm not trying to say there is a difference. Boycott then at the risk of losing the club or boycott now at the risk of losing the club - it's not like we've missed a golden opportunity.

Oh aye - and when Ally told us to back the club when Green took charge did you immediately dismiss that as bullshit? Did you expect all of us to disregard that statement?

I did see it as bullshit, but, no, I certainly didn't expect everyone else to disregard it. It was obvious from that first presser by Green that his Barnum & Bailey routine would be lapped up.

I did see it as bullshit, but, no, I certainly didn't expect everyone else to disregard it. It was obvious from that first presser by Green that his Barnum & Bailey routine would be lapped up.

And is that something which is unique to Rangers fans, or are there fanbases out there who would have collectively seen through Green, even though the guy they most trusted gave him the thumbs up?

The point I'm making is that this shitty situation is not down to some flaw in the Rangers support.

And is that something which is unique to Rangers fans, or are there fanbases out there who would have collectively seen through Green, even though the guy they most trusted gave him the thumbs up?

The point I'm making is that this shitty situation is not down to some flaw in the Rangers support.

Do you think these guys would have stood for any of this?

[video=youtube;x3htJEBE8-4]

It is most certainly due to a flaw in the support that a succession of 'new boards' have been allowed to continue with the long con.

I always believed that, in time, the cumulative effect would bring about a realisation that this couldn't continue. Recently, I have begun to doubt that it will ever happen and that something else is now called for.

The RST put the idea on the table over ten years ago but there was no need to chant 'Murray Out'.

It would have been far better to sit with Murray and get him to buy into the idea. Ironically, when it was too late, Murray finally thought there was some merit in it.

Almost every problem we have is to do with the ownership of Rangers, and yet there is almost no effort to address this.

When things go wrong we insist on going on the march which highlights how impoverished we are when it comes to solving our problems.

We protest but no-one is listening. It's far better to seek out constructive solutions but most would rather just take a chance and wait for a sugar daddy.

That's why we are in this God-forsaken place.

Like I said, I wish we, the fans, did own the club but we don't. It's a real shame that Murray didn't buy into it. But he didn't - so we don't own the club.

We were and still are dependent on the guys who hold the controlling stake being willing to sell.

It is most certainly due to a flaw in the support that a succession of 'new boards' have been allowed to continue with the long con.

I always believed that, in time, the cumulative effect would bring about a realisation that this couldn't continue. Recently, I have begun to doubt that it will ever happen and that something else is now called for.

I can't agree with you at all. I actually believe that the cumulative effect of previous years has brought realization, yesterday's AGM being the tipping point. Unless there is some kind of radical turnaround in attitude from the board before renewal deadline day, season ticket sales next year are going to show another massive drop, and it's going to be an effective boycott.

Edited by Thinker

Like I said, I wish we, the fans, did own the club but we don't. It's a real shame that Murray didn't buy into it. But he didn't - so we don't own the club.

We were and still are dependent on the guys who hold the controlling stake being willing to sell.

What percentage of the support is actually trying to make Rangers fan-owned? Whatever it is, it's not that big.

In other words, despite all that has happened, there is no groundswell of support to make the one change that will stop the rot - for good.

We are the battered wife who takes beating after beating without ever trying to get it stopped.

Instead, our fans want another sugar daddy, which could mean dubious ownership for the next 142 years - if we last that long - and they talk about 'fighting' to save the club? When people are prepared to stand back and let the club fall into poisonous hands, they are not fighting for it.

They are walking away from the responsibility of owning and protecting it.

I suspect that some of those who have chucked it have done so because they have been sickened by our dysfunctionality, our eagerness to rally behind dubious incomers, our failure to identify and address our problems, and our knee-jerk antipathy towards anyone within the support who has the temerity to try and speak out.

We lack leadership because we despise anyone who tries to speak out on our behalf, but we have a sizeable element who will bow down before every top table empty suit out of a fundamentally flawed sense of loyalty.

The AGM yesterday was an abomination, a farce, an embarrassment and an utter disgrace.

No wonder thousands have walked away. They have walked away from a club that has abandoned them.

Fan ownership is the only way forward for us.

I'm talking 51% of the club like they do in the Bundesleige

The way to do it is to show our strength, boycotting the matches and Sports Direct merchandise. That is the language capitalist bastards understand. When they know the game is up they'll deal.

I think the King group will be a stepping stone to this. An alliance with them and an aim towards eventual ownership.

A deal can be done with Ashley as well providing he'll take a reasonable cut of the profits from merchandise, but we need to force him into that.