I don't have no great objection to the principle but at present none of the existing vehicles work for me personally.

That covers it for me too.

The RST have failed to engage with enough of the fanbase over a number of years and now have too much baggage to appeal to a large number disaffected by various internal squabbles; The RF comes across as a mixture of the jilted girlfriends of the RST and a handy way for the Louden to keep the tills ringing.

Like everything else within the club, there needs to be a radical rethink on how to best approach the future. Any fan ownership initiative needs a fresh model and it has to be independent of the various factions.

That covers it for me too.

The RST have failed to engage with enough of the fanbase over a number of years and now have too much baggage to appeal to a large number disaffected by various internal squabbles; The RF comes across as a mixture of the jilted girlfriends of the RST and a handy way for the Louden to keep the tills ringing.

Like everything else within the club, there needs to be a radical rethink on how to best approach the future. Any fan ownership initiative needs a fresh model and it has to be independent of the various factions.

The opportunity may well soon exist for enlightened new owners to change everything - if they want to.

Buy out the entirety of the company and then make the club fully member-owned. Let's see just how enlightened the good guys are.

Large parcels of shares can end up in inappropriate hands. People used to genuinely believe that SDM would never sell his shares to the wrong sort. They found out the hard way that commercial pressure can make people do things they might otherwise not have done..

The shares that are currently with the good guys - where will they be in twenty or thirty years? We now know what rogue ownership feels like. We surely don't want to take this risk again.

We should endeavour to have fan ownership from the top down because, sadly, it hasn't worked from the bottom up.

Edited by Hildy

The opportunity may well soon exist for enlightened new owners to change everything - if they want to.

Buy out the entirety of the company and then make the club fully member-owned. Let's see just how enlightened the good guys are.

Large parcels of shares can end up in inappropriate hands. People used to genuinely believe that SDM would never sell his shares to the wrong sort. They found out the hard way that commercial pressure can make people do things they might otherwise not have done..

The shares that are currently with the good guys - where will they be in twenty or thirty years? We now know what rogue ownership feels like. We surely don't want to take this risk again.

We should endeavour to have fan ownership from the top down because, sadly, it hasn't worked from the bottom up.

It may well happen at some point down the line, but talk of it now is both premature and really not what is needed to bring about stability.

It may well happen at some point down the line, but talk of it now is both premature and really not what is needed to bring about stability.

The club has to be fixed as a matter of some urgency - no disagreement there - but I'd like to see real progress made on fan ownership - enough to actually deliver it while the current good guys are in position.

The club has to be fixed as a matter of some urgency - no disagreement there - but I'd like to see real progress made on fan ownership - enough to actually deliver it while the current good guys are in position.

What makes you think that the "current good guys" are interested in progressing fan-ownership at this time?

Do you not think that they may have other plans that may have higher priorities?

What makes you think that the "current good guys" are interested in progressing fan-ownership at this time?

Do you not think that they may have other plans that may have higher priorities?

For once I agree with you.

Firstly, not one of the 'good guys' sits on the board yet. Ashley can be unpredictable and there is much yet to be done .

Secondly, if and when we get (most of) our club back, there is a huge challange ahead, both on and off the field with tens of millions of pounds needed.

The numbers involved preclude major fan involvement beyond the spend on match-day and perhaps, merchandise. They also mean that anyone putting MAJOR money forward wouldn't be for giving their stake away, or at least I doubt it.

Edited by buster.

There hardly ever was a chance "to work from bottom up". What we might (sic) see in months or years ahead is Rangers people (plural) with financial muscle lead the way and give financial backing, while the larger support also gets a say, be it in form of the RFB or as shareholders. The latter did not happen under Murray, nor did it happen these last few years. With "good men" possibly (sic) having a say in club matters and hopefully cleaning the boardroom, we have business people (plural) who care for the club and the business. A massive step ahead from anything we have seen in living memory. It is not the ultimate thing as yet, of course. But it looks to be a genuinly good start in the right direction. I doubt that we will see "fan ownership" like you have with smaller or some foreign clubs. But if caring Bears (plural) lead the way, that will do for me for the time being.

If they intend for the club's ownership structure to continue unchanged, it will be an act of negligence and leave the door open to another crisis in the future.

Of course this won't be addressed on day one of them arriving on the board, but it has to be addressed and it has to be addressed while the board enjoys the approval of the general Rangers populace.

To continue with a situation where the ownership of Rangers is random is not just negligent, it's crazy.

Lessons have to be learned.

Posted By scottyboy_1

scottybo and rosso have been accurate with info.. kennedy knocks out easdale?

icon1.gifRe: Shareholder lodges complaint....

Thos was who the current gang ran to when the heard laxey had sold, picture sandys face when kennedy told him his shares were worthless and if he had any sense he would sell them to him

from FF

If King + 3 bears + fans + Walter/Ally = 48% then the Easdale's holding might become crucial . This might not be over yet - how badly does Ashley want to keep control ? . I'm sure there are some holding shares who King etc. will not want to deal with , maybe the Easdales become the lesser evil . Although I'm delighted with the last couple of days action , the champagne's not getting opened until 51% is in the bag .