Thomas Buffel On Way Out?

Rangers give permission for him to talk to Hannover.

Buffel Granted Permission

Rangers Football Club has given permission for Thomas Buffel to speak to Hannover 96.

The Belgian playmaker moved to Glasgow from Feyenoord in January 2005 and has made over 60 appearances for the Light Blues.

From Official Site.

i know the boy gets pelters off of alot of fans, but this guy is a good footballer. has a bit of class, intelligence and ability compared to the rest of the squad. would be sad to see him go, but if replaced by someone of similar if not better calibre of player then i will deal with it...

Tbh I would not be surprised if Buffel doesn't make this move. Hannover arfe not exactly a big German team and he will likely be on a good wage at Ibrox. It's all speculation really at the moment. No doubt there will be loads more to come before the Deadline

Couple of places were saying that the Germans are very keen to get the move completed and Buffel is expected to go.

Assuming we get 1M or so for him, that's more money in the pot and also his wages which must be £15,000+ per week. Only downside is that we're leaving it damn late to get players in.

The fans seem very split on Buffel and Im on the side of being a fan of him.

He has faults that I thought Walter and Ally could fix.

1) Toughing him up

2) make him realise a game last 90 mins

3) Play him in his position

With those points above added to his skill and ability then we would have a good player in the creative role.

Wherever he goes (he'll be more suited in the continent) i think he will do a good job.

AZ Alkmar are also interested,rumour.The guy has ability but never seems to produce it, same as Lovenkrands, so if we can get something for him then i think that would be better for us, i mean he has hardly played so won't be missed.

AZ Alkmar are also interested,rumour.The guy has ability but never seems to produce it, same as Lovenkrands, so if we can get something for him then i think that would be better for us, i mean he has hardly played so won't be missed.

I think he's a luxury we can't afford just now. The points Gribz makes are exactly why I think we should cash in on him. I'd give him more time, but he is earning a lot of money and hasn't made an impression under two managers, so why should a third make any difference? Do we have the time to try and sort him out this season?

I think he does have quality, but for a number of reasons he's just not worked out here.