Aye, report themselves like all those who have entered the ground under the influence of alcohol or have committed a breach of the peace by using foul and abusive language? Lead the way, brother.

This hand-wringing is reaching epic levels.

We're not talking about normal every day or normal every other Saturday occurrences though.

If you take even just a fleeting glance at the history of serious protests the world over, then any genuine protestors worth their salt have the courage of their convictions and will happily take responsibility for their actions. From Greenpeace to anti-nuclear weapon and anti-war protesters, to G8 summit and anti-capitalist protesters, there's a common theme and it's that they have the bollocks not only to up the anti and take whatever actions they deem necessary, but they also have the courage to take responsibility for whatever they do.

Tell me please, how is that sort of train of thought "hand-wringing"?

We're not talking about normal every day or normal every other Saturday occurrences though.

If you take even just a fleeting glance at the history of serious protests the world over, then any genuine protestors worth their salt have the courage of their convictions and will happily take responsibility for their actions. From Greenpeace to anti-nuclear weapon and anti-war protesters, to G8 summit and anti-capitalist protesters, there's a common theme and it's that they have the bollocks not only to up the anti and take whatever actions they deem necessary, but they also have the courage to take responsibility for whatever they do.

Why are you equating what went down on Friday night to any of the above?

A few guys got a bit boisterous and their were unsubstantiated claims made about assaults taking place. Since then it has grown arms and legs with talk of the two employees having suffered (non-specific) injuries and concerns raised that those actions could have scuppered the attempts to remove the board. One even crassly described it as a disaster. There is your hand-wringing.

They didn't talk about law abiding citizens when they stormed the Winter Palace.

Nor when the Petrograd Soviet replaced the Dumas.

Too many Kerensky's here and old women of both sexes.

The Govan Red Guard must be supported when Ibrox is occupied, Sports Direct shops are barricaded and The People take back what is ours.

Power to the PEOPLE

Using anti-globalisation protests as an example is far frm ideal as there have been plenty of riots there....

I would hope those involved would make a gesture if injuries were sustained.

As for the video avove, the irony of Police Scotland protecting the Easdales is not lost in me. The rangers fan said it all .....

I do however agree with you that one has to take responsibility for ones action. It is why a peaceful occupation will lead to possibly minor charges that may or may not be admonished.

But we as a community have done too little...this has been gong on now for nigh on 3 years and it is getting worse.

This is our last chance....

Why are you equating what went down on Friday night to any of the above?

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory since we're talking about protests.

If a group like Greenpeace or CND (just for the sake of example) attend a large scale protest which they didn't instigate and end up taking taking matters further themselves by storming a reception to unveil a banner and make their point, then they would almost certainly take responsibility for it themselves and not leave it open to interpretation or suspicion as to who did it. Their members are willing to take responsibility for their own personal actions so that there's no ambiguity about who did what and so that the overall cause isn't hampered by the actions of any individuals.

The Club is in a serious situation here and I'd suggest that honest up-front martyrs would be preferable to anonymous wannabe hard-men who take actions then sit back and say 'it wiznae me'.