rangers got thompson

From a "source" (eat your failing heart out McNee you vermin):

McLies had given Celtic his word that the two players would sign for them, despite the two boys preference being Rangers.

Celtic, in turn, had given McLies assurances that a whopping amount of cash would find its way to his account if that happened, totally unrelated I'm sure.

Both Hibs and Rangers were utterly sick of this maggot, so....

Murray called Petrie (you know, the same Petrie Bitter Martin had claimed would never deal with Rangers), stuck a bid in which Hibs get all of (no agents fees) and Petrie drove the boy direct to a meeting with Bain, where he signed the deal offered!

McLies was, apparently, holding the jackets like a spare pr!ck at a wedding style during this. He attempted to get the wage up, but the boy himself was happy with what was offered (its 8 times what he was on, around 12-15k per week) so just signed!

McLies also wanted a 2.5 year deal (for a 2m signing!) but the boy himself signed a 4.5 year deal. I've a feeling I'm really going to like this kid.

Thomson is a lifelong Hibs fan, but with Rangers family leanings (his cousin is Stevie McLean and he is a good mate of McGregor.) Scott Brown, of course, is a Bear and is desperate to join his mate.

McLies has severely pi ssed off Rangers, Hibs and now Celtic who feel they haven't left enough time to chase alternate targets. Make no mistake, Thomson was the one they REALLY wanted.

New Rangers signing Kevin Thomson claimed the thought of staying at Hibernian under manager John Collins made him feel "physically sick."

Despite being widely tipped to move to Celtic along with Hibs team-mate Scott Brown, the 22-year-old midfielder completed his move from Easter Road to the Ibrox side on Tuesday night.

Thomson signed a contract that will keep him at Rangers until 2011 for a fee reported to be worth �£2million to the Leith club.

And the player told the Daily Record that he was glad to to get away.

He said: "I was stripped of the captaincy and treated very poorly by the manager who seemed to have lost all faith in me.

"I can't explain how bad that made me feel and the thought of staying there for another four months was making me feel physically sick.

"It's well known the gaffer and I didn't see eye to eye.

"I'm not going to act like a silly wee kid and starting shouting my mouth off about it now that I'm gone.

"I will walk back into Easter Road and pick up my stuff and wish him all the best.

"Hopefully he will be good enough to return those best wishes."

Thomson was quoted earlier in the month as claiming the Hoops were his preferred destination.

But the midfielder said: "The truth is I let my agent (Willie McKay) handle that side of things.

"I believed he was acting in my best interest because he had told me Rangers didn't want me and Celtic were the only club who wanted to sign me.

"I don't want to get dragged into details or get caught up in a row about this but I do want Rangers fans to know that for years this is the club I wanted to be at.

"This has been without question the biggest day of my life.

"I still can't really believe that this has happened."

Very interesting comments from Thomson which would tend to back up what Mike had copied over from FF.

Also good to see that Thomson says that for years Rangers were the club he wanted to be at ! I like to see that from new signings !