rangers got thompson

More info on the Thomson deal.......

Apparently, Celtic fucked Hibs over in the terms made when signing Riordan. Celtic had to negotiate a fee to release Riordan early and part of that was they would give Hibs more money if Riordan played a certain amount of games in 6-12 months. As we all know, Riordan hasnt been playing at all on a regular basis and the Hibs Chairman Petrie was livid. He knocked back a similar bid from Celtic for Thomson and Brown (part of the deal was that they would both stay until summer) and accepted ours to get his own back...Expect Brown (the main signing I want) to come in the summer...

This is fucking brilliant...

Would love to see Lawell's face!

GIRUY!

Would have preferred Brown as I think we miss what he would bring to the team more.

Having said that Thomson is a quality young scot. Kind of a replacement for Clement? Also giruTimmy as I think it was generally accepted we need Brown more and they wanted Thomson more.

Damn that WS, bringing in all these crap over the hill players eh? :ffs:

Edit: Forgot to add, will the Scottish rags now stop quoting Wullie McLies?

thompson has singed (we kn that) what we don't know is that rangers are firing in all cylinders for brown as well, record reports that brown will hold talks with bain and murray tomorrow morning at murray park.

page before the back page on the early version of the daily record.

Front cover has a story about that drugs bust and a wee pic of thomo and SHOCK! next to it.

Good that its now official, you can't take anything for granted these days. Welcome to Ibrox! Never realised he was a lefty, that's a bonus too.

So, the remaining targets seem to be....

Gow - latest offer "was close" according to Hughes, so we might try again.

Hartley - £750,000 rejected, but we're going to put another offer in. Unless....

Brown - Maybe the way has been paved for him to come to us as well. If not, I think we'll up the bid for Hartley instead.

McCulloch - Wigan have got their new players in, so maybe he's free to leave now. Looks like Heskey got injured tonight, so maybe not.

Fingers crossed we sign 1 or 2 of these guys. If we get two then I think we can get 2nd place comfortably rather than it being a long slog.