Hartley isnt comming

Whether you were for or against him as a signing, you can't help but be disappointed in the way we pursued him.

As for Thomson, great signing, but he's just replacing Clement. So really we've not done nothing to sort out our creativity and scoring problems. Great. The rest of the season could be a slog after all.

Whether you were for or against him as a signing, you can't help but be disappointed in the way we pursued him.

As for Thomson, great signing, but he's just replacing Clement. So really we've not done nothing to sort out our creativity and scoring problems. Great. The rest of the season could be a slog after all.

I disagree on your 2nd point. Hemdani and Clement are similar players so if we stood back and didn't sign Thomson we'd have then done nothing to improve the situation. I think Thomson is more of a goal threat and has a better range of passing than Clement. A very positive signing IMO.

How did we pursue Hartley?

Forgetting if you like the guy or not Hartley is the kind of player we have been crying out for.

I also disagree with that. He's a 31 year old never been. If we're wanting to sign someone similar to Hartley we could do so much better ie younger.

I also disagree with that. He's a 31 year old never been. If we're wanting to sign someone similar to Hartley we could do so much better ie younger.

I agree with that Gaz i was meaning we need that kind of player obviously i would also prefer a younger model.

A bit like the wife really i would prefer a younger model there as well.;)

Dont mention facial hair anyone.:mad:;)

Id have liked Hartley as I still think we need that type of player due to Brown and McCulloch not coming. But in a way its a million pound that goes back into the bank until the summer that can be spent on a better player.

He isnt a match winner and as everyone says he will be 31 soon.

With him and Lennon in the same team I like there midfield even more :D :admin:

From what's been said in the papers today, it looks like we were never even considered by Hartley once Celtic came in with a bid.

Does that surprise you ? I am not surprised by that at all.