EGM Result: King resolutions pass with 85% of vote

Not getting promotion is unthinkable & unacceptable. DK might not say it publicly but privately he'll be as desperate as anyone to return to the top division.There's too much money at stake not being there such as two OF home games for starters.Thats less money he might need to source from elsewhere

FWIW I wouldn't read too much into any of the comments attributed to DK,PM & JG today.

Ok!,I'll bite,so what will happen to Rangers FC if we don't gain promotion?,will the earth open up and swallow us?

The bit in bold=:roflmao:

Edited by ian1964

Not getting promotion is unthinkable & unacceptable. DK might not say it publicly but privately he'll be as desperate as anyone to return to the top division.There's too much money at stake not being there such as two OF home games for starters.Thats less money he might need to source from elsewhere

FWIW I wouldn't read too much into any of the comments attributed to DK,PM & JG today.

while i have some sympath for your point that last bit is way to far.

It will be an even bigger mess if we're not promoted believe me. A financial mess that is.

Not necessarily.

We now have Custodians who aren't in it to line their own pockets.

Getting up may bring increased revenue but guaranteed it would also lead to expectations of inflated wages from players.

There is no quick fix to our problems. I would much rather methodically fix them than try to quickly plug a leak only for half a dozen more to spring. Same applies to a manager. Absolutely pointless in just appointing someone quickly when there is STILL no guarantee of promotion.

If we have to sit in the Championship so be it - though I am expecting that KingCo, much like the rest of us, would hope for a reaction from the players on the pitch so that we don't have to worry about a 2nd season in the Championship.

Take the point about long term etc.

But surely a manager who openly states he doesnt want the job has to be removed asap.

But to replace him with who ? We all know that shot-gun weddings rarely succeed.

Not necessarily.

We now have Custodians who aren't in it to line their own pockets.

Getting up may bring increased revenue but guaranteed it would also lead to expectations of inflated wages from players.

There is no quick fix to our problems. I would much rather methodically fix them than try to quickly plug a leak only for half a dozen more to spring. Same applies to a manager. Absolutely pointless in just appointing someone quickly when there is STILL no guarantee of promotion.

If we have to sit in the Championship so be it - though I am expecting that KingCo, much like the rest of us, would hope for a reaction from the players on the pitch so that we don't have to worry about a 2nd season in the Championship.

All that can be done for promotion now is that we all hope the players get a lift from the news and from the returning fans!,nothing the new board can do about it this season

Don't believe all you hear. He'll be desperate for promotion and the increased revenue that will bring. Two home OF games for starters

If you spend the time to create the proper infrastructure you can gain FAR MORE longer term than the quick fix solution.

Yes, we ALL want to be promoted this season. But, to give an extreme example.... take two possibilities for the next two years....

Option 1 - Promotion, languish in the lower half of the SPL

Option 2 - no promotion, create a new infrastructure, spend the time to get the RIGHT appointment in, get them playing the way you want them to play in the Championship and, more than likely, gain promotion. Year 2 - a season with players who know each other, have been coached well, know each others game, challenging for the SPL.

In Option 2 you may indeed win the title (because Celtic aren't insurmountable) and actually have MORE money than in option 1 where you got promotion this year.

Promotion isn't the be all and end all. We all want it, but it is no silver bullet. We would do well to recognize that.

i think we can run at a profit in either division and come second in the spl or first in the championship. the profit difference will be negligble either way.

its all well and good saying we will get more cash in the spl but our costs will also be higher.

you need to consider both sides. we are good at only seeing one side on here.

It will not survive long outside the top division the way things are going.We need promotion by whatever means

Why will it not survive long outside the top division ? We now have custodians who aren't here to financially rape us. We now have custodians who have openly admitted they will be looking to invest. So why would we fail outside the top division if we have people prepared and willing to invest ?

And don't be surprised if the likes of McColl & Kennedy come back to the table (Kennedy already mentioned....) - I have a feeling that King will already have been reaching out to these folks and I also get the impression that he would be willing to work with other investors.

I just noticed the LSE announcement in the first post. Interesting that Gilligan got the highest amount of votes and lowest amount against, the online community seemed to put him in a lower position.

Also, how did DK 'beat' PM percentage wise when his votes for were lower?

Non of the above really matters... just interesting, to me at least haha.

I just noticed the LSE announcement in the first post. Interesting that Gilligan got the highest amount of votes and lowest amount against, the online community seemed to put him in a lower position.

Also, how did DK 'beat' PM percentage wise when his votes for were lower?

Non of the above really matters... just interesting, to me at least haha.

more people abstained for king

and more voted against murray

Edited by the gunslinger