What did everyone expect

... we should keep in mind that all of us have seen these players play throughout the season(s) week in and week out. I doubt that McCall has a) done the same and b) will make a judgement without having seen his personnell in training for less than a week. I further doubt it has solely to do with "balls" whether he'll throw on youngsters at Easter Road. In any case, Hibs ran our "veterans" ragged the last time about and the youngsters can hardly do any worse.

Given that McCall had sen plenty of us in action before taking over then it really isn't asking too much of him to have dropped McCulloch and Boyd.

One thing that McCall did do last night that did impress was the tactical change in going three at the back to put on another forward the only problem being that when you go three at the back the central defender need to possess an ability to read the game and some pace unfortunately our central defender was McCulloch and we all saw the result.

It's not often I agree with Derek "I'm not really a fan of Rangers" Ferguson but he said on the radio last night that Tom Walsh should have 40 or 50 games under his belt, given what we've had to endure while Walsh has sat in the stands the reluctance to play him (and probably other youngsters too) borders on the criminal.

We need a root and branch overhaul and that'll take time. In the meantime, i'm relieved to be moaning about the team rather than fearing for the future of the club.

But it does seem as if some people want McCall to fail to prove a point. His task isn't to build something for the future but to try and get a tune out of a deeply disfunctional squad for the remainder of the season. He's not an appointment that suggests a bright new dawn but we've been so utterly excremental, a modest improvement will do to be going on with. The moment at which we become a the centrefold for The Blizzard readers to splash over is likely to take more than a fortnight.

Given that McCall had sen plenty of us in action before taking over then it really isn't asking too much of him to have dropped McCulloch and Boyd.

One thing that McCall did do last night that did impress was the tactical change in going three at the back to put on another forward the only problem being that when you go three at the back the central defender need to possess an ability to read the game and some pace unfortunately our central defender was McCulloch and we all saw the result.

It's not often I agree with Derek "I'm not really a fan of Rangers" Ferguson but he said on the radio last night that Tom Walsh should have 40 or 50 games under his belt, given what we've had to endure while Walsh has sat in the stands the reluctance to play him (and probably other youngsters too) borders on the criminal.

That comment about Walsh is so true. It took about two minutes to see that he was a prospect when McDowall brought him on the other week, and yet he hasn't had a look in until now.

This is utterly inexcusable.

I'd love to see us move on from McCulloch. I'm not sure that my assessment of McCall hinges on including this one player though. The alternatives, Mohsni & Zaliukas, have both shown themselves to be lacking at various points too.

But then again, both were probably playing alongside McCulloch at the time. Perhaps it is time for McGregor and Zaliukas.

I'd love to see us move on from McCulloch. I'm not sure that my assessment of McCall hinges on including this one player though. The alternatives, Mohsni & Zaliukas, have both shown themselves to be lacking at various points too.

But then again, both were probably playing alongside McCulloch at the time. Perhaps it is time for McGregor and Zaliukas.

I think some seem to have expected him to have dropped McCulloch for some youth player he's not had a chance to watch yet.

Is there anything in Jigs contract that guarantees him a game or something? I cannot fathom why 3 managers now have insisted in playing him. I just don't get it

There is a rumour going around that he has a clause in his contract,when he tuped over,that he has to play in every game as long as he is fit,and obviously not suspended!