The JIG problem ................

I'm not necessarily one for advocating the booing of players - however I feel that on this occasion McCulloch has done more than enough to merit a barage of boos' raining down on him from the stands.

Might sound harsh, but it's one way of getting the message across, becuase he clearly isn't aware of how much he is disliked.

The guy has made millions out of Rangers and given nothing in return apart from awful performances for 8 years - 8 f.ucking years !!

Those advocating a return to a forward position for Jig are having selective memory disorder problems and are forgetting how immobile, slow of mind, and poor a finisher he was and that everyone was glad when he was finally binned from a striking position.

In fact, this is the same relief that has been relevant when Jig has been moved out of any position he has played in for us. If Bears will recall the relief of him playing in centre midfield after being a terrible striker until we realised that he was too slow, couldnt tackle and wee boys in the 3rd/4th tier of Scottish football were taking the piss out of him and we need to move him back to centre half.

There is only one position for Jig, and that is in the stands, preferably at another club's ground.

And from what I have heard this morning in a private conversation I unfortunately cannot repeat here, he is just as bad for the club off the pitch as he is on it. That actually surprised me as I thought he was at the very least a good team player and a nice guy but my information is without doubt spot on, and makes me have even less respect for him that I had previously, and that wasn't much at all to begin with.

You're right. We should be playing one of our numerous mobile, quick thinking, great finishing strikers instead. McCulloch's usually been good for a goal and, given the state of the rest of them, would be an option up front from the bench for the rest of the season.

As for the 'nice guy' stuff, that's just conjecture.

I said this BEFORE last night's match.

McCulloch up front with Clark would be a far better option than Miller, Boyd or Daly, the first two of which are quite simply done. BUT we are struggling at CB as well, if Zaliukas is not fit, Street out again, Faure also injured, surely not Mohsni.

Would Daly be worth a shot as an emergency CB or Wallace with Smith at LB, not that I want him back in the team either?

Who else is there? It would be a hell of an ask for Halkett to come in at this point, do those who have seen him think he could cope?

Yes Halkett would cope, in fact if truth be told he'd probably a better option as a forward than McCulloch.

Daly as centre half is there a more immobile player in Scottish football? He may well have played there for Dundee United in the past but his gut wasn't hanging over the top of his shorts then.

Since this is the internet I won't really take any of the rumours, about Lee McCulloch, seriously. With regard to being a negative influence on the team I do think it is plausible. Only because I can remember about how he is great mates with Barry Ferguson. Another player reported to be a negative influence towards the end. But who knows.

One thing is clear, we need to move on, from McCulloch, before the start of next season. I can put up with it at the moment when options are limited but there is no possible excuse after the summer.

Yes Halkett would cope, in fact if truth be told he'd probably a better option as a forward than McCulloch.

Daly as centre half is there a more immobile player in Scottish football? He may well have played there for Dundee United in the past but his gut wasn't hanging over the top of his shorts then.

Daly has never been petite - but he is looking heavier and heavier these days. Dreadful state.

I agree - there is not a more immobile player in football than him - although Boyd runs him very close !! For comedy value I'd like to see the two of them play up top together. Now that would make interesting viewing !!

To think what these two are taking home each week from our club, for nothing in return, is scandalous.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Craig Halkett is fit as well because he started (and AFAIK finished) the U20's excellent 6-1 win against Ross County on Thursday.

Halkett was also on our bench for the 1st team's recent trip to Falkirk and it's not the first time he's made the squad, so he's clearly highly regarded like Gasparotto who's been starting every game for Airdrie.

"Mr. SuperBad" on "Follow Follow" posted that:

"Some of you know me and know I tend to steer away from stuff unless it's a it's from a very highly placed source. This is:

As the new board came in, our captain met with one of them and said that it was clear Kenny McDowall was leaving. He then said 'I'm getting my coaching badges and I'd like my name considered for the first team coach position when it comes up.'

He then went on to compare himself favourably to Robbie Neilson and suggested he could do a similar job.

He was not considered."

Wasn't McCulloch named as an assistant coach and what is his position now, is he just a player again?

I'm not necessarily one for advocating the booing of players - however I feel that on this occasion McCulloch has done more than enough to merit a barage of boos' raining down on him from the stands.

Might sound harsh, but it's one way of getting the message across, becuase he clearly isn't aware of how much he is disliked.

The guy has made millions out of Rangers and given nothing in return apart from awful performances for 8 years - 8 f.ucking years !!

I don't accept that and I didn't like the booing at the end on Tuesday although it was understandable in the case of the likes of Boyd and Law who are clearly not trying I didn't think the same could be said of McCulloch.

He is an embarrasssment now but he was an integral part of the team that took us to Manchester in 2008 scoring against Zeta and memorably in Lyon.

He has performed well for us as a striker with a goal per four games ratio and has 18 international caps. So he is not and never has been a useless football player but he is well past his sell buy.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't accept that and I didn't like the booing at the end on Tuesday although it was understandable in the case of the likes of Boyd and Law who are clearly not trying I didn't think the same could be said of McCulloch.

He is an embarrasssment now but he was an integral part of the team that took us to Manchester in 2008 scoring against Zeta and memorably in Lyon.

He pas performed well for us as a striker with a goal per four games ratio and has 18 international caps. So he is not and never has been a useless football player but he is well past his sell buy.

I agree with you on the booing, BH. I can understand fan's frustrations but it's not for me.

Regards McCulloch's goal ratio, remember he takes the penalties for us, so this probably inflates it. He was a typical Walter Smith player, Jack of all trades and master of none. He was past his best three years ago.