Gael Bigirimana: I knew I was sick BEFORE I left Newcastle for Ibrox

A bit strange that the English FA allows the player to play, while the Scottish FA doesn't - for obvious reasons. Whether Llambias and Co. knew about this is another matter.

Given that Mbabu was doing "well" for the u20s, it looks that he might feature for the first team too. Would be a dampener for Sinnamon, but at the end of the day, McCall sees either player more often than we do.

Given that only one of those players has any future with us, the chance shouldn't be difficult.

If Newcastle knew that he had a serious long term illness whether or not that would prevent him playing in Scotland then surely that would be enough to repudiate the contract; buyer beware must stop somewhere.

Without doubt Llambias at least is at fault for sanctioning the signings of all five players without medicals and should be held to account.

I dont understand what rule it is that prevents him from playing for us, can anyone expand?

I don't think it is that simple as apparently his condition does not stop him playing in England.

Maybe he's allergic to thistles?

New Rangers board to hold crisis talks over Gael Bigirimana illness and the 'Toon 5' loan riddle

06:53, 27 March 2015

By Keith Jackson

THE Ibrox board will hold it's first official meeting today and top of the agenda will be finding out why Derek Llambias and Barry Leach sanctioned signing of all five Newcastle players without medicals.

THE new Rangers regime will hold its first official board meeting today – and urgent talks on how to deal with the Gael Bigirimana crisis.

Record Sport revealed yesterday how doctors diagnosed the Newcastle player with a serious medical condition BEFORE he left Tyneside as part of a controversial bulk loan deal on transfer deadline day.

Bigirimana confirmed in an exclusive interview that he will not kick a ball for the Championship club this season as he continues to battle against the mysterious illness, which he has denied is Hepatitis C.

But we understand the 21-year-old has been banned from contact training while the Rangers medical team monitor his condition.

Acting chairman Paul Murray will place the situation at the top of the agenda when he meets with fellow directors John Gilligan, Douglas Park and John Bennett.

The new board will also demand to know why axed executives Derek Llambias and Barry Leach sanctioned the signing of all five Newcastle players without medicals.

Only one of those loanees, Haris Vuckic, has made any impact since the move.

Llambias and Leach are associates of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

And the new board will want to discuss what legal action, if any, might be open to them now they have been left to stump up £5000 a week to honour the deals.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-rangers-board-hold-crisis-5409376