Hope we can sign him permanently in the summer. My biggest fear is the yahoos try to sign him

That would be very disappointing. Can't worry about these things though. If they do that then we can just hope he turns out to be the next Glenn Loovens.

Anybody got any idea what he'll cost in the transfer market, I'd love to see him here beyond this season.

Depends who makes the price. Ashley will say millions. gunslinger will say pennies,:)

Someone posted a link a week or so ago listing players who are currently without a club their 'value' was included in the information.

Players like Vuckic with clubs must have a value too and it must surely be known.

I know it can be up to what a club are prepared to pay to set his transfer fee, but he must have a known value?

Really sorry guys but this thread is about Haris Vučkić.

I will start another thread about how much money we will have.

Apologies mate. I'm first to complain when a thread goes off track with the same tedious stuff, and I'm being a hypocrite.

Because I was told he had by the likes of yourself. Let's see then.....

If he has the money then Vuckic is the type of player we should be signing I.e. a young player with resale value

Really? Signing an expensive player on English premiership wages is what we should be doing?

Wrong market, totally.

He has that 'whats he going to do' gift. He will frustrate at times (I lost the rag with Coop at times FFS), but he has skill which is why we watch the game. A thumbs up from me. And I love seeing men wearing the jersey who look like they love it.

Edited by Anchorman

Newcastle Youngster Compared To Former Soviet Star

9:58 pm, Saturday, March 28th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 3 Comments

Rangers beat Cowdenbeath 4-1 this afternoon, and they were helped by two goals from on-loan player Haris Vuckic who scored two late goals to make the game safe.

haris vuckic scores against Cowdenbeath

Haris Vuckic score late goals against Cowdenbeath

After drawing five league games in a row Rangers have now won their last two games – with a fine win last Sunday at Hibernian (2-0 win) and now today with a good 4-1 win against Cowdenbeath at Ibrox.

Clark put Rangers ahead after 49 minutes but then Oyenuga equalized for the visitors after 73 minutes, before McGregor restored the lead with just seven minutes to go.

And then it was Haris Vuckic who scored two late goals on 88 minutes and 90 minutes to make the game safe for Rangers.

With Hibs losing 2-1 at Raith Rangers today, Rangers are now level on point with Hibs in joint second place and they have a game in hand.

Rangers manager McCall was impressed with Vuckic, as he talked to BBC Scotland after the game:

“He reminds me so much of big Alexei Mykhaylychenko, who I used to play with.” “He’s very graceful with a good left foot,”

“I said today we would give him a good half hour because he’s been unfortunate to be out the side. Not only is he a good talent, he’s a goal threat as well.”

6’1″ tall Alexei Mykhaylychenko played for Rangers from 1991-1996 and was a central midfielder who played 41 times for the USSR and twice for Ukraine, following the break up of the USSR, and certainly Harris is a similar build and is also a very good technical player.

This was Rangers first home victory since January 3rd, and it’s good they are hitting form at the right time before the all important play-offs.

If they can win the four team play-off, they are back in the Premier League next season.

And while the other four Newcastle players are not doing too much for Rangers’ cause at the moment because of injury, Haris Vuckic is and has now scored 5 goals for the famous Scottish club.

Mykhaylychenko was a fine addition to the squad at the time but no way can I compare him to Vuckvic?

Comparisons:

McCall - MacDonald. MacDonald.

Stein - Millar. Millar.

Cooper - Wilson. Cooper.

Greig - McCulloch. Greig.

Gascoigne - Baxter. Baxter.

Ritchie - Goram. Goram.

'Bud' Johnston - no comparison

Greig - Gough, Greig.

McCoist, same as Bud.

Albertz - McMillan, Albertz.

Laudrup - Wilson, Laudrup.

Shearer - Johansen, Johansen.

Shaw - no comparison

Anyone else prepared to make comparisons be my guest.:)

Really? Signing an expensive player on English premiership wages is what we should be doing?

Wrong market, totally.

I doubt very much he'll be on the skyhigh EPL wages.

Anyway from a club paying Jig £18k p.w. & McCoist £14k p.w to sit at home who are we to comment on wages