Then your missing it.

no to be honest i dont think i am. Its something you have brought up before highlighting the fact and making me pay particular attention. His tracking back is good and something he has clearly worked on. He tracks back far more successfully than shiels and law. Can honestly say only once did his effort in pushing and tracking the player on the ball let me down. The rest of the time he showed great determination

Especially for being the point of the diamond. Not something usually expected from that position, but none the less he did it well

Edited by trublusince1982

He walks or saunters back. Stops a yard away from the guy with the ball and watches him advance while he walks towards another player who doesn't have the ball and is behind play. regularly!

Maybe that is good defending and it's me who is wrong but it's not for me.

Edited by the gunslinger

He walks or saunters back. Stops a yard away from the guy with the ball and watches him advance while he walks towards another player who doesn't have the ball and is behind play. regularly!

Maybe that is good defending and it's me who is wrong but it's not for me.

you cant tackle from behind or touch the player in anyway. if the player is smart enough to cut across your path you have to pull up or foul. The skill in chasing back comes in shutting the player in fronts options down and directing his path towards our oncoming defensive midfields or wide. Att mid 101 when tracking back.

you cant tackle from behind or touch the player in anyway. if the player is smart enough to cut across your path you have to pull up or foul. The skill in chasing back comes in shutting the player in fronts options down and directing his path towards our oncoming defensive midfields or wide. Att mid 101 when tracking back.

So it's not stopping a yard behind and doing nothing to influence the player with the ball.

It's not just me then.

He hides.