Tims' Treble Trouble

Honestly, the only one looking a tad foolish is you. Not a single person on this thread does not care about Rangers first and foremost, and we are all "raging" - if you want - that we not managed to win the Challenge Cup, one we might never ever get a chance of winning again. Yet, no one on here bar you, perhaps, is living in a world/universe that revolves about Rangers and Rangers alone. Not that this was pointed out to you a few times before. And yes, we have every reason to belittle or laugh at our arch enemies when they fall, be it against part-timers or fellow SPFL (sic!) teams, or European elite or also-rans. It doesn't matter who they lose to. For you, much like they btw, tell us every now and then how far better they are from top to bottom, how far ahead they are of us and whatnot. When in reality they are just another footbal team dwelling on the little riches that come their way. Not that I need to tell you that.

For those interested ...

First half

Second half plus extra time

I'm sure this will provide amusement for any onlookers. You can be rest assured that if the boot was on the other foot our forums would be inundated with comments laughing at the hypocrisy on their forums.

I'm sure this will provide amusement for any onlookers. You can be rest assured that if the boot was on the other foot our forums would be inundated with comments laughing at the hypocrisy on their forums.

And there you actually have it. That is what football rivalry is actually about. Only that you tell us that we shouldn't have it.

That aside, what sort of onlookers will a Rangers board attract then?

NB: Your remarks about people having to be at Ibrox to voice a relevant opinion are utterly out of order. For a) you do not have to be in a football ground since the ... let's say mid70s ... to watch the game, since 2000 at the very latest each and every game of a specific team. TV et al might not give you the overall picture of one or two games, but over a season you see anything that there is to see and enables anyone very well able to comment on them. But maybe you can have your own section for the Ibrox Regulars, where those poor souls who happen to live outside the UK shall not comment in? And b) and even more relevant, you can claim whatever you like on here about you having been to Ibrox regularly. Once I get e.g. BlueMoon telling me that you are indeed an Ibrox Regular when she sees you in person, I'll most likely give your remarks more credence than you give calscot's.

Edited by der Berliner

Ah so you DO give a damn what I say then? Or are you just very confused with reality as always? :crazy:

Ah so have you been to a game in the last 5 years? Sorry I thought you prefer to go cycling instead of watching us.

Funny that I'm the one who gets confused with reality, when you spent the last 2 years defending Ally McCoist :roflmao:.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I doubt we would have kicked them out the league and so there is no chance of swapping boots. You're basically saying - if we were like them we would be like them. But most of us are nothing like them to start with.

For the Chelsea fans on here who not surprisingly, don't quite get Rangers position, here's an analogy: You are tripped up by a combination of your own negligence and someone out to get you, and fall on the ground and injure yourself - but you could recover in a year or two. However, then your arch Nemesis, who is as guilty of negligence as you are but get's away with it, comes along laughing and puts the boot into you which puts your recovery back a couple of years. He continues mocking you mercilessly while having an easy time of it with you out of the picture. You then have many other setbacks due to your weak state but start to recover - not quite as quickly as expected. You then see you enemy trip themselves up and hurt themselves. Is it hypocritical to laugh at them just because you're still using crutches?

I'm sure all the Rangers fans on here already understand this.

Perhaps when we can get back to the SPL and win cups against part-time teams, then we start laughing at how other teams get on.

lighten up for a minute...part of the fun of football is laughing at teams your own team can't beat losing in a competition your own team has already been knocked out of...it's nonsensical, but it's fun. Besides most of us are laughing at their reaction to the defeat, rather than the defeat itself.

I doubt we would have kicked them out the league and so there is no chance of swapping boots. You're basically saying - if we were like them we would be like them. But most of us are nothing like them to start with.

For the Chelsea fans on here who not surprisingly, don't quite get Rangers position, here's an analogy: You are tripped up by a combination of your own negligence and someone out to get you, and fall on the ground and injure yourself - but you could recover in a year or two. However, then your arch Nemesis, who is as guilty of negligence as you are but get's away with it, comes along laughing and puts the boot into you which puts your recovery back a couple of years. He continues mocking you mercilessly while having an easy time of it with you out of the picture. You then have many other setbacks due to your weak state but start to recover - not quite as quickly as expected. You then see you enemy trip themselves up and hurt themselves. Is it hypocritical to laugh at them just because you're still using crutches?

I'm sure all the Rangers fans on here already understand this.

My reply to the Saturday cyclists would be the position we got into was all our own doing and I won't be laughing at anyone failing to win the treble when we're 22 points behind in the second division.

lighten up for a minute...part of the fun of football is laughing at teams your own team can't beat losing in a competition your own team has already been knocked out of...it's nonsensical, but it's fun. Besides most of us are laughing at their reaction to the defeat, rather than the defeat itself.

That's fair enough but if we make the SPL next season we'll be nowhere near them and I'm sure they'll remember this.

Ah so have you been to a game in the last 5 years?

Yes, a few. I come up to visit once a year and try to get to a game. I really doubt you have a season ticket to both Ibrox and Samford Bridge so I don't know how you can respect your own opinion. In fact I think I asked you before about your attendance to games and you deflected instead of actually answering. It was very strange at the time.

Sorry I thought you prefer to go cycling instead of watching us.

Sorry, but you think wrong. Again. I also can't see how my preferences are relevant to your repeated sycophancy for Celtic and overly critical stance on Rangers.

Funny that I'm the one who gets confused with reality, when you spent the last 2 years defending Ally McCoist :roflmao:.

Yes, you were right, it couldn't get worse than Ally - oh wait! Yes, you were right, Ally ruined the players and they couldn't possibly improve under McCall - oh wait! Yes, I defend Ally against your extreme, whacky and mostly contradictory views where you pretty much find some way to blame all bad news on Ally.

You know, maybe you should try something like cycling, where you really have to work hard to prove yourself against others, and there's no place to hide for bullshitters. You might build some character.

Edited by calscot

Yes, but SBS is obviously hurting.