Tims' Treble Trouble

Yes, a few. I come up to visit once a year and try to get to a game. I really doubt you have a season ticket to both Ibrox and Samford Bridge so I don't know how you can respect your own opinion. In fact I think I asked you before about your attendance to games and you deflected instead of actually answering. It was very strange at the time.

Which specific games have you been to in the last 5 years? I used to go to go to every second home game, plus some away games, though stopped regularly attending a year or so ago.

Sorry, but you think wrong. Again. I also can't see how my preferences are relevant to your repeated sycophancy for Celtic and overly critical stance on Rangers.

No, I'm just commenting on what you said. I can find the quote again, if you wish.

Yes, you were right, it couldn't get worse than Ally - oh wait! Yes, you were right, Ally ruined the players and they couldn't possibly improve under McCall - oh wait! Yes, I defend Ally against your extreme, whacky and mostly contradictory views where you pretty much find some way to blame all bad news on Ally.

Ally McCoist was an absolutely shocking manager who will probably never work as one again. His assistant Kenny wasn't even a manager. I never said the players couldn't improve under McCall. As I have said several times now . I was saying the complete opposite and you are yet to provide any evidence to the contrary. It has been proven that I was absolutely right about Ally and you were wrong. I know this pains but it is something you will have to accept.

You know, maybe you should try something like cycling, where you really have to work hard to prove yourself against others, and there's no place to hide for bullshitters. You might build some character.

Aye, very good :laugh:.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

That's fair enough but if we make the SPL next season we'll be nowhere near them and I'm sure they'll remember this.

sufficient unto the day are the troubles thereof... I'll worry about that when the time comes.

“Operation Stop the Treble” was a success.

by Joe O'Rourke

Well “Operation Stop the Treble” was a success. Congratulation to Seven McLean and his accomplices for managing to finally make sure the Scottish Cup isn’t in the Celtic Boardroom this season.

I have to say congratulations to Inverness Caley and Falkirk for reaching the final; i hope they all have a great day at Hampden; and the best team wins for the right reasons.

As for yesterday afternoon that has to be the clearest example of “BLATANT CHEATING” i have ever seen; there were at least three match official close to the incident; i was seventy yards away in the North Stand and saw it clearly.

Steven McLean and Alan Muir had the best vantage points; it is impossible for at least one of them not to have had a clear view; and on one of the video’s i watched last night Muir is clearly talking to McLean; so what is he saying? Is it another “Dougie Dougie” incident?

We have to start fighting back here. We keep getting treated with disdain; yet still roll up in great numbers at Hampden whenever Celtic is playing. I know the reason for that is that we are Celtic supporters; but we can only turn the other cheek so many times.

In the last year there has been a number of incident involving Celtic and the SFA; we seem to be the only team who are under scrutiny; and there are clear examples of that.

Early in the season Derk Boerrigter was cited and suspended for two games for simulation; no problem with that one; but is he the only diver in Scottish Football?

We then had the scandalous situation where Aleksandar Tonev was convicted of making a racist remark with no witnesses of technical evidence to back up the charge; he was done on “The Balance of Probabilities” Comedy Gold if it wasn’t so serious; Aleksandar has been tarred with a reputation he doesn’t deserve.

Then there is Leigh Griffiths, he got cited by the compliance officer for singing a disrespectful song about the team he supporters biggest rivals; all based on a video took on a phone in a pub. He has now been charged by Police Scotland; i would suggest he gets Paul McGowan’s Lawyer to represent him in court.

And of course let’s not forget John Guidetti’s great crime of singing a song about a team who were liquidated and therefore died; and to crown it all; it was on Dutch Television.

There would appear to be an anti-Celtic agenda at the SFA; there certainly seems to be one with the Referees; McLean Collum, Madden, and Thomson et al are the proof of that.

So what do we do now as Celtic supporters? Well firstly we must make sure that our team win the league at the earliest opportunity; we need to be there to back the team; after that there is no great need to pay through the nose to get into away grounds.

We have to have a more united front to confront the issues that are not in our best interests; like ticket pricing and kick-off times.

I was in the North Stand yesterday paying £23 for the dubious privilege; the reason for that was, the other three teams in the semi-final wanted that price when they clearly knew they would not have one supporter in that stand.

There will be no cash cow in the final for the SFA, with all due respect; the whole Inverness support yesterday could have travelled down in a couple of double decker buses. The final will be lucky to attract 25,000; and might yet be priced cheaper than the semi.

Getting back to the referees and match officials; until there is transparency and accountability; they will continue to cheat us; it has to be cheating; because they can’t be that bad a referee naturally.

We all know McLean’s history; and that of his ex- Rangers player brother. He said in his early days at Ibrox that he didn’t want to be considered for an International call-up from Scotland; he wanted to represent Norn Ireland. Someone should have informed him; that you actually have to be a decent player to get capped; being a bigot doesn’t quite do it in most countries.

It was a bitter pill to take yesterday; and i have to say we didn’t perform at the highest level. But the fact of the matter is, we should have had the opportunity to go 2-0 up, and Caley should have been down to ten men.

I now look forward to Wednesday night in Dundee; Ronny can freshen things up a bit by bringing Armstrong and GMS back. We need to get this league won as soon as possible; then celebrate another title won without cheating.

http://www.thecsa.co.uk/showthread.php?t=788

:roflmao:

My reply to the Saturday cyclists would be the position we got into was all our own doing

That IS the Celtic minded view, so I'm not surprised you subscribe to it. Most Rangers fans tend to see it as being mugged and then given the boot while we were down.

Rangers as an entity, didn't actually do that much wrong and when you compare it to soft loans and preferential land agreements, then there is another club you defend who should have been punished far more than us - and didn't they do an EBT too?

I really don't get the "all our own doing" bit. Rangers fans are pretty innocent.

and I won't be laughing at anyone failing to win the treble when we're 22 points behind in the second division.

Like almost all Rangers fans, I'll admit to having schadenfreude when it comes to Celtic and will laugh at all their misfortunes, and it goes beyond mere rivalry - I've explained it all in an analogy in another post. You're just not very like most Rangers fans.

“Operation Stop the Treble” was a success.

by Joe O'Rourke

We need to get this league won as soon as possible; then celebrate another title won without cheating.

http://www.thecsa.co.uk/showthread.php?t=788

:roflmao:

For the head of their supporter association to issue this statement for the edification of their fans is cringeworthy. However, it does induce great mirth for a neutral observer.

Don't worry , Joe-bhoy, we'll just call it another TAINTED title !!!!

Which specific games have you been to in the last 5 years? I used to go to go to every second home game, plus some away games, though stopped regularly attending a year or so ago.

You just can't stop being a bit strange can you? What relevance is there for which specific games I've been to? Are you still deflecting? Maybe you want to list all yours but I'm not actually interested - and I don't think I'd believe you anyway. I really don't believe you could possibly go to Ibrox - unless it's the away end. Your anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic diatribe would get you into all sorts of trouble.

You actually come across as more of a Chelsea fan (I've seen you talk about your "beloved Chelsea" but never "beloved Rangers"), but even there I doubt you go to many games at Stamford Bridge which would make you a hypocrite once again. BTW I've been to one Chelsea game in the last five years too - not that that is relevant either, and I can't be bothered specifying which one.

And so you're admitting you'd rather do something else these days than watch Rangers games, eh?

But again, I really can't see the relevance at all to the topic of your sycophancy to Celtic and your animosity towards Rangers. It seems to be pure deflection.

No, I'm just commenting on what you said. I can find the quote again, if you wish.

No you're not. You can try to find a quote, but I assure it's not there - you twisted something I said and I've explained my preference many, many times, so it can't even be a misunderstanding. I don't think you'll want me to find all those explanations as it'll show you up as a bit of a weirdo. But in the end, what kind of sane person believes they can win an argument with someone they don't know on the Internet about their own preferences? It's just nuts.

Ironically you originally brought this whole thing up as I caught you out making derogatory comments on a game where we played not so bad. You said it was "same old rubbish". I watched it as the first game in a month, and thought it was ok - which I stated in reply that this would mean that all the previous "rubbish" games must have been the standard I saw. Everyone else said, "massive improvement" which showed you probably didn't actually watch the game but couldn't help getting stuck into the team anyway.

It's funny you keep bringing this up as you've actually said time and again you'd actually rather watch an EPL game than Rangers when you have access to both. You seem to watch a lot of Celtic too and are usually complimentary. I'd prefer to watch a Rangers league game over any other match including the CL final - would you? How about one with Chelsea in it? Put Rangers vs Hamilton against Chelsea vs Barcelona with the choice of only one, and I'm sure we'll be watching different matches. It's obvious you definately don't have as much of a preference towards Rangers as I have so please desist from your lies.

Ally McCoist was an absolutely shocking manager who will probably never work as one again. His assistant Kenny wasn't even a manager.

Isn't your own view in this very thread that it is hypocritical to mock those in higher league than you? I take you are a manager in a higher league than those two were? Or are you just a hypocrite? You have been caught out once again.

I never said the players couldn't improve under McCall.

What????? You went to great lengths to insult my opinion that the team have potential to improve under a better manager than McCoist. I even pointed out how weird it was that you were arguing against something where logically, the worse you think McCoist is the more potential the team had. Your answer in the end was that you always disagree with me, which pretty much saying that your opinion is defined by mine no matter what it is, which is incredibly weak.

As I have said several times now . I was saying the complete opposite and you are yet to provide any evidence to the contrary.

What?????? Are you suffering from amnesia? The evidence was all in the thread at the time and there is no doubt you were arguing against me...

But like I said at the time, you are so busy arguing your agenda, that you don't even understand the implications of what *you're* saying, which is why you contradict yourself all the time and do some kind of backfill to change the meaning of what you said. This is why you always lose the argument and so you resort to defamation.

It has been proven that I was absolutely right about Ally and you were wrong.

No it absolutely hasn't. You said no-one could be worse than Ally, then Ally leaves and we get worse - which is in accordance with my opinion that he's about average. How in hell were YOU proven right?

You said our players couldn't improve under another manager and wouldn't likely make the play-offs - they seem to have done under McCall which is in accordance with my opinion which you also disagreed with. How were you right there?

I know this pains but it is something you will have to accept.

Hmm, megalomania?

If you're a Rangers fans, why are you so unfriendly to Rangers? I don't think it's something I could realistically be accused of.

Edited by calscot

That IS the Celtic minded view, so I'm not surprised you subscribe to it. Most Rangers fans tend to see it as being mugged and then given the boot while we were down.

Rangers as an entity, didn't actually do that much wrong and when you compare it to soft loans and preferential land agreements, then there is another club you defend who should have been punished far more than us - and didn't they do an EBT too?

I really don't get the "all our own doing" bit. Rangers fans are pretty innocent.

What did losing our share in the SPL have to do with anyone else but ourselves? The other clubs voted not to allow our newco re-entry. It was a stupid decision but it was their decision to make. It is our own fault they were in a position to have such a vote.

Like almost all Rangers fans, I'll admit to having schadenfreude when it comes to Celtic and will laugh at all their misfortunes, and it goes beyond mere rivalry - I've explained it all in an analogy in another post. You're just not very like most Rangers fans.

Further lessons from the cyclist. Wonderful. Unlike you I regularly attended games until recently and will be going next season so get off your high horse.

You just can't stop being a bit strange can you? What relevance is there for which specific games I've been to? Are you still deflecting? Maybe you want to list all yours but I'm not actually interested - and I don't think I'd believe you anyway. I really don't believe you could possibly go to Ibrox - unless it's the away end. Your anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic diatribe would get you into all sorts of trouble.

You actually come across as more of a Chelsea fan (I've seen you talk about your "beloved Chelsea" but never "beloved Rangers"), but even there I doubt you go to many games at Stamford Bridge which would make you a hypocrite once again. BTW I've been to one Chelsea game in the last five years too - not that that is relevant either, and I can't be bothered specifying which one.

And so you're admitting you'd rather do something else these days than watch Rangers games, eh?

But again, I really can't see the relevance at all to the topic of your sycophancy to Celtic and your animosity towards Rangers. It seems to be pure deflection.

I'm actually surprised you have replied again because this is usually the point in the argument you run away. I'm asking you to specify which games you have been to because I am pretty certain you have not attended a single game. I bet you have barely set foot inside Ibrox in the past 10 years.

No you're not. You can try to find a quote, but I assure it's not there - you twisted something I said and I've explained my preference many, many times, so it can't even be a misunderstanding. I don't think you'll want me to find all those explanations as it'll show you up as a bit of a weirdo. But in the end, what kind of sane person believes they can win an argument with someone they don't know on the Internet about their own preferences? It's just nuts.

Ironically you originally brought this whole thing up as I caught you out making derogatory comments on a game where we played not so bad. You said it was "same old rubbish". I watched it as the first game in a month, and thought it was ok - which I stated in reply that this would mean that all the previous "rubbish" games must have been the standard I saw. Everyone else said, "massive improvement" which showed you probably didn't actually watch the game but couldn't help getting stuck into the team anyway.

It's funny you keep bringing this up as you've actually said time and again you'd actually rather watch an EPL game than Rangers when you have access to both. You seem to watch a lot of Celtic too and are usually complimentary. I'd prefer to watch a Rangers league game over any other match including the CL final - would you? How about one with Chelsea in it? Put Rangers vs Hamilton against Chelsea vs Barcelona with the choice of only one, and I'm sure we'll be watching different matches. It's obvious you definately don't have as much of a preference towards Rangers as I have so please desist from your lies.

No idea what you are on about with the derogatory comments, perhaps you could provide the specific example. Though you seem to be quite adept at making up BS with no justification. I never watch Celtic apart from when they play us. More absolute nonsense. Can you provide me examples? I have regularly said they are a poor side, at their worst since the 90's. What I have said is they are still a lot better than us, that doesn't mean they aren't very poor. Just look at their recent European performance. As for the rest, I've probably watched us every single time we have been on TV in the last 20 years (if I've not been at the game), whether it has been on BBC, SKY, BT Sports, Setanta, ESPN or Premier Sports. Perhaps you can recount the glory days again of when you used to get Setanta Sports?

I

sn't your own view in this very thread that it is hypocritical to mock those in higher league than you? I take you are a manager in a higher league than those two were? Or are you just a hypocrite? You have been caught out once again.

What a strange fellow you are :laugh:. Bizarre comparison.

What????? You went to great lengths to insult my opinion that the team have potential to improve under a better manager than McCoist. I even pointed out how weird it was that you were arguing against something where logically, the worse you think McCoist is the more potential the team had. Your answer in the end was that you always disagree with me, which pretty much saying that your opinion is defined by mine no matter what it is, which is incredibly weak.

For the nth time, no it didn't. You cannot provide any evidence of this because it doesn't exist. If I didn't think the players would improve under a different manager, why would I want a different manager? Unless the transfer window was open, the new manager would be stuck with those players. I was arguing the complete opposite of what you are saying.

What?????? Are you suffering from amnesia? The evidence was all in the thread at the time and there is no doubt you were arguing against me...

But like I said at the time, you are so busy arguing your agenda, that you don't even understand the implications of what *you're* saying, which is why you contradict yourself all the time and do some kind of backfill to change the meaning of what you said. This is why you always lose the argument and so you resort to defamation.

Strange how you can't provide any evidence. I never said the players couldn't improve under McCall, that's simply a fact. I don't want him to be our manager next season as I don't think he's that great a manager, but he's much better than Ally and Kenny.

No it absolutely hasn't. You said no-one could be worse than Ally, then Ally leaves and we get worse - which is in accordance with my opinion that he's about average. How in hell were YOU proven right?

Lets see...I was the one criticising McCoist, you were constantly defending him. Yet I am the one in the wrong :laugh:? I like how you keep focusing pedantically on an irrelevant part of the argument. My criticism was directed towards the whole management team. This is about the 10th time I have told you this. Kenny had no experience in professional football management and was clearly a huge part of the problem so it's no surprise he was also useless. The basic crux of the argument was you spent years saying I was wrong in my criticism. There is absolutely no doubt about it that I was right and you were completely wrong! Just admit it.

You said our players couldn't improve under another manager and wouldn't likely make the play-offs - they seem to have done under McCall which is in accordance with my opinion which you also disagreed with. How were you right there?

Again, no I didn't. Can you provide examples? No, you can't. When did I say we wouldn't make the play-offs? You're just trolling now. What utter lies you are coming out with. I might have said when Kenny was in charge that based on current form we would be at risk of not making them. That's simply a fact though, we went five games without a win at one point.

If you're a Rangers fans, why are you so unfriendly to Rangers? I don't think it's something I could realistically be accused of.

I don't consider you to be a supporter to be honest.

Celtic have written to the Scottish Football Association about the refereeing of their Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Inverness CT.

The Parkhead side were angered by referee Steven MacLean's failure to award a penalty for handball against Josh Meekings when they led 1-0.

Caley Thistle won 3-2 in extra time.

"Given the level of reaction from our supporters and across football, we are duty bound to seek an understanding of what actually happened," the club said.

"We have not been given any other specific explanation so far and this is simply to understand the circumstances of what went on and why such an obvious error was made."

Celtic congratulated their opponents, describing Caley as "a fantastic club" and saying "reaching the final is a great achievement".

The Scottish champions took the lead through a Virgil van Dijk free-kick, but were denied a first-half penalty when Griffiths' header hit the arm of Meekings.

Ronny Deila's men had goalkeeper Craig Gordon sent off in the second half for bringing down Marley Watkins in the box, with Greg Tansey scoring the subsequent penalty.

Edward Ofere put Caley Thistle ahead but John Guidetti levelled before David Raven's extra-time winner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32388618