Daily Record back page

I've watched MOTD every week this season and most of them have refereeing decisions as bad or worse as the one in yesterday's game.

Bad decisions happen, week in, week out. It's not bias. Just bad refereeing.

I've watched MOTD every week this season and most of them have refereeing decisions as bad or worse as the one in yesterday's game.

Bad decisions happen, week in, week out. It's not bias. Just bad refereeing.

Always cheated,never defeated.

There's no doubt the referee missed a blatant penalty & redcard yesterday.

But what the yahoos forget is that in the previous round against Dundee Utd at Tannadice the referee should have sent Brown off early doors for a scandalous challenge but didn't.Would have totally changed the rst of the game.

What goes & around comes around as they say..................as we saw yesterday

Now i didnt watch the game but I did watch the post match plus the SSN clips and while you couldn't argue it was a handball and red card, it really is laughable that we are not hearing anything about swings and roundabouts, evens itself out etc, given the amount of breaks the bheasts have had this season. Do they forget that they would have probably been papped out of Europe entirely if Legia had been rightly fined instead of expelled, instead of getting about £10M of income from the EL groups and a Milan match?

Do they forget the decisions from the previous round that went in their favour?

Do they forget that in the same ICT match yesterday, ICT were also denied a stonewall penalty (haven't even seen this but am assured it was) and also Brown should have been ordered off for a (yet another!) terrible challenge on an ICT player having already been booked.

Stevie McLean is no friend of ours, and is rarely able to get through 90 minutes without a few dodgy decisions that go against us. But he is about to find out that his career is now ruined in Scottish football because he is solely to blame for denying the bheasts their shoe-in treble that they have now managed to completely feck up 3 years running. Not the terrible passback from Matthews leaving Gordon in no-mans land for the penalty, not Van Dick being absolutely nowhere near his man at the ICT first goal, and not their mis-firing strikers who couldnt convert some of their numerous (according to Delia) easy chances. And certainly not Delia's fault for not being tactically outdone by Yogi Hughes, as Yogi so excellently summarised in his post-match interview that they came with their game plan, knew celtic wouldnt have guessed their system and they stuck to it brilliantly. Nope, it is all McLean's fault. I can see his officiating in the lower leagues for the forseeable, and hope that means he wont get our games also.

And of course it is not a bad decision, it is blatant cheating on sectarian grounds according to the bheasts. I haven't had this much of a laugh since the last time.

I remember four of five years ago we started a thread on referee decisions as we seemed to be getting a lot of bad ones against us while they seemed to be benefiting from a number of bad decisions. We were really trying to be objective and giving the benefit of the doubt quite often but it was still looking exceptionally weighted against us. We didn't go crazy and blame the refs although we know their hysteria does seem to affect the refereeing. It just seemed like a run of bad luck for us - which meant they could in no way say the referees were against them...

As if! Their hysteria about "h*n" refs was a cacophony once again.

Celtic Football Club statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 20 Apr, 2015 17:12

WITH the Club being inundated today, Celtic can confirm that it has written to the SFA regarding yesterday’s match and in particular the incident involving Leigh Griffiths and Josh Meekings.

First and foremost we absolutely congratulate Inverness Caledonian Thistle on reaching the Scottish Cup final. They are a fantastic club and reaching the final is a great achievement.

However, given the level of reaction from our supporters and across football, we are duty bound to seek an understanding of what actually happened.

We have not been given any other specific explanation so far and this is simply to understand the circumstances of what went on and why such an obvious error was made.

I think that last line borders on bringing the game into disrepute. They are actually judging and disputing the referee's decision in public.

Edited by Zappa
removed link to Celtic site