DJ: McCulloch move up front tipped to boost Rangers promotion hopes

We've got Hardie, Clark and Miller, though the latter two are very much the same type of roving-all-over-the-place strikers. Hardie is more direct and should play no matter what, Gallagher probably remains outside the radar right now. Given that McCulloch is less mobile and sure a presence, you would expect him to stay up front and in or close to the area, which would be "a bonus". We haven't seen him up front for ages though, nearly two years now. 10 mins against Falkirk is sure no indication how he would perform away from home and at Tynecastle.

Generally, I'd rather use Mohsni up there than McCulloch. More presence, can play football, is IMHO a greater threat in the opposition box and a better target man than any of the rest. I do asume that McCall will go 5-4-1 or 5-3-3 at Tynecastle though, and McCulloch retaining his place with McGregor to his right and Zaliukas to the left. It worked before.

Moshni playing up front in a 5-3-3. Cuckoo!

I'd use neither. Put Calum Gallagher up there.

This for me,alongside Hardie. Both are young,energetic with a point to prove and both score goals

Edited by ian1964

If McCulloch moved to the Channel Islands it would boost our promotion hopes. How anyone can continue to suggest that Jig should be playing at all is beyond me. It is now evident that McCulloch has something on paper that guarantees him a game; there can be no other reason why a liability that may cost us promotion is being played every week. The only advantage of playing him up front is that he can do less damage there.

I'd use neither. Put Calum Gallagher up there.

Neither would I, see post 10. I have no doubt whatsoever that Lee will play in defence though. Should McCall do indeed bench the captain, I'd use Crawford as the right back, much like DJ suggests, as he is the only one at least somewhat able to play there right now, as Foster, Faure and Sinnamon are all ot injured or lacking fitness.

If McCulloch wants to help our promotion bid then he should sign a one game contract with Hearts for tomorrow, a two game contract for QotS, before moving on to Hibs and then Motherwell.

If Jig played at CH in these games AGAINST Rangers, we would win comfortably.

We've got Hardie, Clark and Miller, though the latter two are very much the same type of roving-all-over-the-place strikers. Hardie is more direct and should play no matter what, Gallagher probably remains outside the radar right now. Given that McCulloch is less mobile and sure a presence, you would expect him to stay up front and in or close to the area, which would be "a bonus". We haven't seen him up front for ages though, nearly two years now. 10 mins against Falkirk is sure no indication how he would perform away from home and at Tynecastle.

Generally, I'd rather use Mohsni up there than McCulloch. More presence, can play football, is IMHO a greater threat in the opposition box and a better target man than any of the rest. I do asume that McCall will go 5-4-1 or 5-3-3 at Tynecastle though, and McCulloch retaining his place with McGregor to his right and Zaliukas to the left. It worked before.

A 5-3-3 looks like it would be tactically beneficial with that extra man!

Edited by Rousseau