Vukic nominated for POTY :devil:

:devil:

As per the official Rangers website, Vuckic has been shortlisted as a potential winner of the Player of the Year award, despite only arriving at the club in January.

The 22-year-old midfielder has been in prolific form since he arrived at Ibrox in the January transfer window, netting nine goals and guaranteeing the club found their way back into play-off contention.

Despite his left-sided role, the Slovenian youngster - who has netted just one goal for Newcastle - is the biggest goal threat in the Light Blues ranks, and Stuart McCall has been getting the best out of him.

His impressive performances have seen him shortlisted for the Player of the Year award alongside Darren McGregor and Nicky Law, who have played a full season to Vuckic’s 19 games.

As well as his Player of the Year nomination, the 22-year-old has three of his nine goals nominated for Goal of the Season.

Vuckic’s impressive season with Rangers will continue through their play-off campaign, before he returns to St James’ Park in the summer. With one year left on his contract there is no knowing how his future will progress, but his performances with Rangers surely deserve a chance to impress for the Magpies next term.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/07/report-newcastle-loanee-haris-vuckic-nominated-for-rangers-playe/

Well in that case Lewis Macleod should walk it

I'm slightly surprised he hasn't made the shortlist because I thought he was our best player in the first half of the season before the old board of directors sold him in January.

Not only did Lewis Macleod stand out as probably our best player in the first half of the season, but he's still to this day scored exactly the same number of goals for us this season (in all competitions) as Kenny Miller and Nicky Clark with all three of them being our joint 4th top goalscorers.

There will only be one winner and that is McGregor.

Disappointed that Ally McCoist wasn't nominated for manager of the year.:fish:

Yes, I voted for McGregor and Murdoch, who were probably the best of a bad bunch, but in all honesty, there is no-one, other than Macleod, who can say they played well consistently.

I think the consensus is McGregor and Murdoch.

McGregor has been immense, despite not garnering much optimism from me when we signed him because he had only played for Cowdenbeath and St Mirren!

I would agree that McGregor will romp home with the POTY award, but only because Lewis was sold in January and it would be too embarrasing to award it to someone not even at the club.

MacLeod was the only footballing reason to attend our matches for the first half of this miserable season, and although McGregor has been by far the best of the defenders, IMO MacLeod's contribution over half a season was more tangible than McGregors over a whole season, mainly due to him being played at RB most of the time to accommodate Captain Calamity.

As for Vuckic getting onto the short-list, well I can only imagine it was a very short list of candidates if someone with about 6 good games can be up for POTY.

If we were voting honestly, MacLeod would win the double award, again!