Surely Not - Dick Advocaat

DICK ADVOCAAT has confirmed he will leave Sunderland at the end of the season – fuelling rumours of a return to Rangers.

The Dutchman is on the brink of leading the Wearsiders to EPL safety after a 0-0 draw against Leicester at the weekend leaving them three points ahead of the relegation zone with a game in hand.

They play Arsenal on Wednesday night but Advocaat has said it will be his penultimate game in hand.

It has been reported he promised his wife he would leave the Stadium of light at the end of this season – despite only joining in March.

Now speculation is growing he will come back to Scotland.

Advocaat enjoyed four trophy-laden years at Ibrox from 1998 winning two titles, two Scottish Cups and a League Cup.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dick-advocaat-confirms-leave-sunderland-5716227

Can't see it.

Advocaat is largely a chequebook manager and he won't get much funds returning to Rangers. As some sort of DoF he may be a good option but I doubt he'd settle for a return to that position which he held for a short while in 2002.

Wouldn't bother me at all. Maybe we need an experienced hand to steady the ship before, hopefully, going for the young dynamic manager many want to see. It'll certainly be reported as being unimaginative but it might not be the worst thing in the world if Advocaat installs a sustainable, workable set up. Whether he'll want to do that, that's another question.

Oh, the usual suspects will be blowing the dust off a dozen year old file. Lot's of continuous references to "wee Dick", brown brogues, bad wigs, the orange homage, .............................................. etc.

Hope you're right Frankie.

I see Pedro Mendes in the Directors Box yesterday, could we start another thread ? :)

Feel free - noticed Darryl Broadfoot sitting with Jim Traynor as well...

Sir Alex Ferguson seen talking to Paul Murray's brothers wifes aunts dog...is he on his way to Ibrox?!

We will more than likely see a new manager linked to us in the build up to the next few games, each more ridiculous than the last. As Frankie mentioned, unless there is a treasure chest that we dont know about, I cant see Advocaat back as manager.

I would be shocked. Advocaat is a money wolf and I can't see him being interested in us unless he is best mates with King and Murray.and they have promised him the moon. Maybe shares for services.