Surely Not - Dick Advocaat

I doubt he'd be interested--as Frankie says "Advocaat is largely a chequebook manager and he won't get much funds returning to Rangers." However, what about as a DoF? I like the idea of a safe pair of hands, but with lots of experience internationally, not just in Scotland.

I doubt he'd be interested--as Frankie says "Advocaat is largely a chequebook manager and he won't get much funds returning to Rangers." However, what about as a DoF? I like the idea of a safe pair of hands, but with lots of experience internationally, not just in Scotland.

He moved upstairs in 2001/02 for a few weeks before leaving to take over Holland again within a month or two.

I'd be wary of him doing something similar from a DoF position. To me it looks like the guy lives off daily management and I'm not sure DoF would provide that challenge though turning round RFC's footballing philosophy is certainly a difficult proposition that would need a lot of work and time.

He moved upstairs in 2001/02 for a few weeks before leaving to take over Holland again within a month or two.

I'd be wary of him doing something similar from a DoF position. To me it looks like the guy lives off daily management and I'm not sure DoF would provide that challenge though turning round RFC's footballing philosophy is certainly a difficult proposition that would need a lot of work and time.

He once sneaked out a hotel in the middle-east in the middle of the night for for another job, leaving his assistant Willem van Hanegem not knowing what was happening. They never talked to each other for years if ever again.

Would be interesting to see what he can do without money to splash.

I suspect we need a manager who can knit a team together and motivate well. I don't think that's dick.

Just kept sunderland up...all be it a mighty disaster

He once sneaked out a hotel in the middle-east in the middle of the night for for another job, leaving his assistant Willem van Hanegem not knowing what was happening. They never talked to each other for years if ever again.

Really?? surely not

Really?? surely not

According to van Hanegem. As I said van Hanegem would not talk to him after it happened. I don't know if they do now as it was years ago.

Just kept sunderland up...all be it a mighty disaster

They have a squad full of internationalists though that are a world away from the SPL. By Premiership standards they have a poor squad but they still have Pantilimon, Larsson, Johnson, Defoe etc.

Advocaat is a non starter. His typical signings cost £4m +. We probably won't have that to spend on our whole squad.

Quote Originally Posted by cdynamo1 View Post

Really?? surely not

According to van Hanegem. As I said van Hanegem would not talk to him after it happened. I don't know if they do now as it was years ago.

Advocaat also left the Belgian national team with bad publicity and also had an agreement with Australia to manage their national team and failed to take it up moving to Russia.

van Hanegem was calling him a weakling and liar in his column in a Dutch paper not so long ago so I doubt they talk to each other yet

Quote Originally Posted by cdynamo1 View Post

Really?? surely not

Advocaat also left the Belgian national team with bad publicity and also had an agreement with Australia to manage their national team and failed to take it up moving to Russia.

van Hanegem was calling him a weakling and liar in his column in a Dutch paper not so long ago so I doubt they talk to each other yet

Surprised by that, if there was one thing i'd have said about Advocaat, it would have been that he was a straight shooter