Where were you on Helicopter Sunday?

Seeing the other post about Helicopter Sunday, that's unreal its 10 years already.

I remember the day well, I was in Baku Azerbaijan and found a good bar which had both games on which had around 10 Celtic fans and me being the only Bear. Upon Novo's goal I had a bit of a good celebration but didnt think McDonald would then do that couple of goals....I went utter wild standing on a sofa. That kicked off a 2 day party with another Bear I eventually met.

Seeing the other post about Helicopter Sunday, that's unreal its 10 years already.

I remember the day well, I was in Baku Azerbaijan and found a good bar which had both games on which had around 10 Celtic fans and me being the only Bear. Upon Novo's goal I had a bit of a good celebration but didnt think McDonald would then do that couple of goals....I went utter wild standing on a sofa. That kicked off a 2 day party with another Bear I eventually met.

What a question Gribz. I have no idea where I was 10 minutes ago,let alone 10 years.:D

Working at my desk - yes, on the Sabbath and I'm not a Minister - with the radio commentary on, reconciled to a win over the Hibs and runners-up position when the commentary guy (Mitchell?) droning on but suddenly screeched: "and Rangers have won the leaugue, Motherwell have scored!"

Then within minutes news of 'Well's second.

Can't tell you much about the rest of the day.

I was listening to the games somewhere so it would have been at home. I used to sit in the car and listen to matches before the computer days as that was the only radio I could get reception on. I guess it was a stream as you say as I did have a computer 10 years ago.

I was at work too - sitting across from a Celtic fan, both of us anxiously checking the scores online. I remember calmly saying "That's Motherwell scored." - trying my best not to celebrate because it wasn't over yet and I didn't want to be left with egg on my face. Then I refreshed and they'd scored again...

Probably not the most exciting way to experience it, but nonetheless those couple of minutes are burned into my memory. It must be close to what seeing your lottery numbers come up feels like.

Edited by Thinker

Lazing around the pool on holiday in Turkey, had written it off and watched the Galatasary v Fenerbahce game on Turkish TV with the hotel staff and then I started getting texts....

Long story short, Fenerbache basically did the same thing and won the title on the last day and of course so did we queue a massive party with the turks, had them singing TBB etc. Never to be forgotten as long as I live.

In the stand at Easter Road thankfully beside my mates from the bus. Trying to get confirmation that Motherwell had scored on a wee shitty radio I had with me but had turned off, and only being able to hear wee bits here and there because of the bedlam going on around me, then when Well scored again we went mental. A couple of our guys who went through by car as the bus was full left 5 mins from the end and only discovered we had won when back in the car and heading back west. Needless to say they got absolute pelters when the bus arrived back at the pub a couple of hours later.

In the Keepers Arms in Tranent, Roy Baines pub,with Frankie dreading to go to the pub to watch the game as I was certain the BHEASTS were going to do it and we had no chance!,what a day that turned out to be,I was crying!,wimp I know, I can't remember the Monday

Edited by ian1964