Potential Signings!

"impressed by his form for Rangers this year" !!!

I think it is pretty safe to say that Black was our most consistent player last season and always gave his (sic!) 100%. Nigh all others ebbed and flowed in form and the standard of their playing level, which was even more disappointing with those who are undoubtetly better footballers than Black. People will most likely disagree, but of all those underperformers pre McDowall (who droppd Black for Hutton, which says a lot about McDowall) Black again was the only player who at least more often than not reached his own standard as a footballer. We have a better player now at his position (Murdoch) and we should make sure we have an able player giving Murdoch competition next season or take his role should he gets injured.

Edited by der Berliner

I think it is pretty safe to say that Black was our most consistent player last season and always gave his (sic!) 100%. Nigh all others ebbed and flowed in form and the standard of their playing level, which was even more disappointing with those who are undoubtetly better footballers than Black. People will most likely disagree, but of all those underperformers pre McDowall (who droppd Black for Hutton, which says a lot about McDowall) Black again was the only player who at least more often than not reached his own standard as a footballer. We have a better player now at his position (Murdoch) and we should make sure we have an able player giving Murdoch competition next season or take his role should he gets injured.

Black is a very mediocre player. Being the most consistent player last season says nigh on zero about the guy's ability when we know that we have a terrible squad. Lewis MacLeod is ten times the player Black will ever be. But if you are going with "most consistent" then fine. But being consistent when that consistency is poor is not something to get excited about.

I for one won't be applauding the efforts of Ian Black whilst at our Club. He had a purple patch in the THIRD tier of Scottish football whilst getting paid 8k a week - big deal. He also played poorly more often than not and brought shame upon himself for his gambling nonsense.

I wont miss seeing the back of him to be honest.

Black is a very mediocre player. Being the most consistent player last season says nigh on zero about the guy's ability when we know that we have a terrible squad. Lewis MacLeod is ten times the player Black will ever be. But if you are going with "most consistent" then fine. But being consistent when that consistency is poor is not something to get excited about.

I for one won't be applauding the efforts of Ian Black whilst at our Club. He had a purple patch in the THIRD tier of Scottish football whilst getting paid 8k a week - big deal. He also played poorly more often than not and brought shame upon himself for his gambling nonsense.

I wont miss seeing the back of him to be honest.

You will note that I usually say that Black gave the 100% a Black has to give. I think I always refrained from calling him a good or talented footballer. As I wrote above ... Nigh all others ebbed and flowed in form and the standard of their playing level, which was even more disappointing with those who are undoubtetly better footballers than Black.

IMHO, he is a decent enough Scottish footballer, which is also reflected by his playing career. As long as a player does what he is asked to do on the field of play at the best of his abilities, that is good enough for me. Likewise, IMHO, people lay far too much emphasis on the person or character Ian Black than the footballer Ian Black, something which in essence flaws any debate. He will soon be consigned to our great club's history and I for one thank him for doing his job when others jumped shipped, sneered at us or did not consider us at all. Let's hope he scores a farewell cracker or two should he come on as a sub in the next couple of games.

You will note that I usually say that Black gave the 100% a Black has to give. I think I always refrained from calling him a good or talented footballer. As I wrote above ... Nigh all others ebbed and flowed in form and the standard of their playing level, which was even more disappointing with those who are undoubtetly better footballers than Black.

IMHO, he is a decent enough Scottish footballer, which is also reflected by his playing career. As long as a player does what he is asked to do on the field of play at the best of his abilities, that is good enough for me. Likewise, IMHO, people lay far too much emphasis on the person or character Ian Black than the footballer Ian Black, something which in essence flaws any debate. He will soon be consigned to our great club's history and I for one thank him for doing his job when others jumped shipped, sneered at us or did not consider us at all. Let's hope he scores a farewell cracker or two should he come on as a sub in the next couple of games.

I know full well what you typed dB - but in your effort to avoid calling a "spade a spade" you merely made it look as if you believed he is a decent footballer.

Sometimes we need to simply say it as it is, rather than avoiding the negative of a player.

I know full well what you typed dB - but in your effort to avoid calling a "spade a spade" you merely made it look as if you believed he is a decent footballer.

Sometimes we need to simply say it as it is, rather than avoiding the negative of a player.

Wat happens if the spade is a shovel?:devil:

You can call him anything you like, as I did above. If we do not agree about that, it does not mean that you are correct. Nothing to do with not being negative. We could start a debate about Hutton and I can show you that ...