Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

DONE DEAL: Former Rangers midfielder signs for Queen of the South

Ex-Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton turned down a late bid from League 1 Dunfermline to sign a short term deal with Queen of the South.

The 24 year old has been training with the Doonhamers for the past 3 weeks but Pars boss Allan Johnston was first to table an offer.

Now Queens boss James Fowler has stepped in and Hutton has signed until January.

“It was good to be wanted," commented Hutton, "but I said when I joined Queen of the South that I wanted to win a deal with them. I have now done that and am looking forward to getting established there.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-6231841

We'll play quite a few ex-Gers this season ...

For a bit of fun ...

‏@FootyAgent442

Been informed by our source that Rangers are very keen on bringing Darren Ward to the club. The defender is currently a free agent. #RFC

@FootyAgent442

Zaliukas may be off back to Lithuania

Antoni Sarcevic | Fleetwood Town (23-year old central midfielder)

Too bad we get no penalties ...

@AgentPikeford

One other transfer target for Warburton's Rangers is Fleetwood's play off final hero midfielder Antoni Sarcevic

Agent confirms Rangers made offer for Daniele Cipolla before Sassuolo move was agreed

Rangers have been undergoing something of a major rebuild this summer under Mark Warburton, and the agent of Daniele Cipolla has told TMW that the Gers’ made his client an offer for his services.

He sad: “There had been some approaches by Torino and Sampdoria, but also from abroad clubs were interested in him. The Glasgow Rangers had made an approach for Cipolla. But in the end we felt that the technical bid of Sassuolo was the most appropriate and we have signed an agreement three years.”

Cipolla is considered a bright talent in Italy, and has already won caps at Under-17 level for his nation.

However, his signature was available this summer, as former club Parma - where he progressed through the youth academy - collapsed.

This meant Cipolla was a free agent, and Rangers were one of four clubs looking to sign the highly rated youngster this summer.

However, he opted to stay in Italy and sign with Serie A side Sassuolo, as a means to continue his development.

Rangers may have missed out on Cipolla, but their approach says something for the progressive system Mark Warburton has set up at Ibrox.

He is known as a keen purveyor of youth players, and during his time with Brentford utilised loan deals for players he had been impressed with during the NextGen Series - a competition he helped create.

He has clearly revived the scouting set-up at Ibrox, and finding a player of Cipolla’s potential suggests that it is working - even if the Light Blues missed out on his signature this summer.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/11/agent-confirms-rangers-made-offer-for-daniele-cipolla-before-sas/

dominic ball a centre back then and can play defensive mid

Michael Bridge @MichaelBridge_

. @nathanoduwa had an excellent pre-season for Spurs and I expect him to play a major role in any success Rangers enjoy this season. #RFC

Edited by Craigy1881
positions wrong way round

@ChrisGraham76: Nathan Oduwa and Dominic Ball coming in on loan from Spurs as we make more additions to the squad.

Good luck to them but I really hope they don't affect our own players development. Walsh murdoch and mckay are all good enough and should get preference.