Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Mark Warburton set to give Zaliukas the chop

Rangers manager Mark Warburton is reportedly hoping to offload Marius Zaliukas following failed attempts to snare Scott Allan.

The 31-year-old Lithuanian still has 11 months on his contract at Ibrox but rumours persist he is surplus to requirements after the arrival of defenders Danny Wilson, Rob Kiernan and Dominic Ball.

Zaliukas’ exit is expected to be finalised and announced this week leaving the player looking for a new club before the end of the summer transfer window. (Sunday Post

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-scott-allan-celtic-marius-zaliukas-1-3860115

Edited by pete

I know what you mean. Not the quick passer or runner into space.....

but a brain with a cultured left foot.....a young Lubo.....

there's always a time in a game when a foot on the ball and a clever pass can make the difference.

that and Darren McGregor replacing Keirnen in the middle

So can closing a player down and not slowing play down.

Mark Warburton set to give Zaliukas the chop

Rangers manager Mark Warburton is reportedly hoping to offload Marius Zaliukas following failed attempts to snare Scott Allan.

The 31-year-old Lithuanian still has 11 months on his contract at Ibrox but rumours persist he is surplus to requirements after the arrival of defenders Danny Wilson, Rob Kiernan and Dominic Ball.

Zaliukas’ exit is expected to be finalised and announced this week leaving the player looking for a new club before the end of the summer transfer window. (Sunday Post

Not sure what that has to do with Scott Allan unless Zaliukas was part of the deal. I will be sorry to see him go; a cultured international defender, albeit prone to the odd rash tackle and loss of concentration but far superior IMHO to Kiernan.

Surely we're not going back to paying players off?

Is it just me, or does John Swift remind anyone of Brian Laudrup? Perhaps it's just the running style, but he just seems so comfortable with the ball at either foot. Not sure where Swift would fit into the 4 3 3 formation, as a central midfielder he would be competing with Andy Halliday and presumably John Eustace. Really loving life at the moment and think that MW has played an absolute blinder in the loan market thus far.

This boy on the right and Oduwa on the left with a half decent striker i.e. not Waghorn, would be devastating.

Not sure what that has to do with Scott Allan unless Zaliukas was part of the deal. I will be sorry to see him go; a cultured international defender, albeit prone to the odd rash tackle and loss of concentration but far superior IMHO to Kiernan.

Surely we're not going back to paying players off?

I'd have Kiernan over Zaliukas every single day of the week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwoodloyal View Post

John Swift is the Chelsea player unless Rangers are in the habit of booking players into hotels under false names.Still waiting on confirmation of Arsenal player name.

Wellington Silva?