Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

I can handle it just now , but if this is still the situation in say 2 or 3 years then things haven't went the way this new management team have planned , we need to give them and the youth dept time

I would really rather Walsh came on instead.

I feel your stance is that we should use our own youth players rather than someone else's. That's fine, but what if our own youth players are not quite ready to produce the quality required?

A case in point is McKay. He went out to Morton last year and he seems much better prepared for the first team this year.

Walsh is part of the first team pool and will get his chance. Murdoch is not considered ready for prime-time and will be loaned out.

Our recent history of single season loanees has proved successful in the past. I'm thinking of Weiss, Bartley and Diouff.

Until we are better prepared to buy quality, I don't see a problem with short term loan deals. The goal this season has to be - absolutely, no excuses - to gain promotion, by whatever means we can use.

I am more than willing to welcome talented young kids that will entertain, but I feel uncomfortable having too many in the first team; we just lose them after the loan ends and have to replace them, which is no way to build/develop a team.

I'd feel differently if we had the option to sign them permanently at the end of the loan period. Is Gedion Z (not even attempting the last name!) available on a permanent deal, or Oduwa, Ball?

In normal circumstances I would prefer we rear our own players, or buy fully committed and hungry players that are here for the long haul.

However we are a bit stuck this season in that we don't have a top tier budget but we needed about 10 recruits to replace last years failures. We cannot possibly buy top tier title winning players who can take us into Europe while we are in the second tier. MW has brought in a few players who will see us through this year, but we need extra quality next year. We cannot sign players on one year deals so the next best is to get a selection of players and supplement them with 2/3 loanees.

This gets us through this season, and frees up spaces in the squad for quality additions for our attack on 55 next season.

While we are very early into the Warburton revolution, there are question marks over some of our team as to wether they will be good enough to deliver 55. I believe this is a 3 or 4 window transformation, so we must use the loan market for short term fixes while we wait to purchase the quality to complete the side.

Are we not also ignoring that we lost 12 players in the summer and have replaced with just 6 permanent signings plus 2 loanees ? I think we all would rather our own players got a chance but if they aren't of the necessary quality then they shouldn't be playing. What I like about this is that these are players that Warburton will see as an improvement upon what we have, but that he will also be able to develop our own players who aren't playing, with a view to them coming back into the fold in January or next summer. Our own kids who go on loan are a) getting valuable game time and b) still being coached by Warburton & Weir during the week. They still have the chance to impress the management team.

As Warburton said, far better that they get game time elsewhere than warm the bench at Rangers. Look at young Sinnamon, out on loan to Falkirk... so playing against the same sides as Rangers are but undoubtedly getting far more game time under his belt. Works to his advantage.

The very same people disparaging these loan deals would be the first to moan if we didn't get promoted this season had we used all our own players.

The managers job is simple this season. Get us promoted. That is EVERYTHING. If we can do it with better loan players than we have currently at the Club then so be it. Should be a rocket up the arse of those at the Club to work even harder.

In normal circumstances I would prefer we rear our own players, or buy fully committed and hungry players that are here for the long haul.

However we are a bit stuck this season in that we don't have a top tier budget but we needed about 10 recruits to replace last years failures. We cannot possibly buy top tier title winning players who can take us into Europe while we are in the second tier. MW has brought in a few players who will see us through this year, but we need extra quality next year. We cannot sign players on one year deals so the next best is to get a selection of players and supplement them with 2/3 loanees.

This gets us through this season, and frees up spaces in the squad for quality additions for our attack on 55 next season.

While we are very early into the Warburton revolution, there are question marks over some of our team as to wether they will be good enough to deliver 55. I believe this is a 3 or 4 window transformation, so we must use the loan market for short term fixes while we wait to purchase the quality to complete the side.

Exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it far more eloquently.

Have to agree with most of what Tannochsidebear & Craig have just said and would also add that I think these loan deals are absolutely pivotal in building back up our relationships with top class clubs.

For our new manager to be trusted to train and develop young players from top 6 EPL clubs speaks volumes about the respect he's getting from the coaching and management staff at these clubs while giving our manager the opportunity to improve this season's Rangers squad for next to nothing.

I've said a few times recently that I think loan signings should be players of a quality that we can't currently afford to buy and that seems to be exactly the type of player the manager is targeting in the loan deal market.

Guest Valley Bluenose
I am more than willing to welcome talented young kids that will entertain, but I feel uncomfortable having too many in the first team; we just lose them after the loan ends and have to replace them, which is no way to build/develop a team.

I'd feel differently if we had the option to sign them permanently at the end of the loan period. Is Gedion Z (not even attempting the last name!) available on a permanent deal, or Oduwa, Ball?

Seems Oduwa and Ball are out of contract next summer. In theory we COULD try to get them on pre-contract come January. Whether we would want to or, indeed, whether they will be offered contract extensions by Spurs remains to be seen.

Zelalaman is contracted to 2017 but is so highly thought of he'd be way beyond our budget I suspect.

I would really rather Walsh came on instead.

You said that about Oduwa as well.

If I have a choice between watching Oduwa or Walsh this season, I'd pick Oduwa every day of the week. I can't wait to watch this boy play.

I'm not that bothered at this point whether he's here on loan or not. I just want to watch the best football possible this season and that means Oduwa in the team.