Mike Ashley tells Rangers FC 'we're not a bank' over loan deal

If we bring in Mccinnes and continue to shop in the bargain basement it will be taken as king and co lied by the vast majority of fans.

If as you say they have the cash and the will then why has their ambition fell so far short of their previous rhetoric?

As have said from the start I trust the board and so far they have done exactly as I expected. Taken blue room wishes and ignored the customer's. They will bring in an x player and spend just enough to beat the Tim's. No more than that. All the promises for transparency and doing what the fans want are pish.

Do you still honestly think they will break from the old boys club mentality.

I'm not even sure I believe they should. I think you've had your head up greens are so long you will find something to beat king up about no matter what because your own wounded pride is more important than rangers.

What I do know is beating him up about picking mcinnis as manager and signing Scott allan is a waste of energy at present and strictly for the spurned ex lovers of green.

I've not heard Kennedy's name mentioned recently that's why.

I genuinely do not believe the names you mentioned(including King) are as wealthy as you would like us to believe and Ashley is going all out to prove this with Rangers being the losers

Oh I know you don't. Kennedy was mentioned in the last few months.

He shouldn't have been in any doubt as to how bad the infrastructure would be. Everyone else could see that there were numerous problems mounting up and that the ST boycott that he instigated was only going to exacerbate things. If he was caught by surprise after the years of planning that he had, he should be shot.

Who said he was surprised ?

I think you are missing the context of my post. trublu suggested that King DECIDED to run at a loss. I'm saying he didn't make that decision, he inherited a basket case. At no point did I suggest that he would be surprised by what he inherited.

I've not heard Kennedy's name mentioned recently that's why.

I genuinely do not believe the names you mentioned(including King) are as wealthy as you would like us to believe and Ashley is going all out to prove this with Rangers being the losers

How will Ashley prove it if he cant demand his loan repayment ?

I trust king I didn't trust green or Whyte. I feel my judgement is sound.

King will either live up to my trust or lose it.

Not you of course but I do enjoy watching those who worshiped greenco attack kingco and expect people to take them seriously.

You are of course right to question everything as you always have.

Green, I will give you, but Whyte? Please don't make me trawl through endless pages of RM archives. ;)

I think that everyone should be put under the same scrutiny, Rangers men or not. The silence from the various fan organisations has been deafening, if not unsurprising. Even this place looks like FF Lite!

Disagree mate. He stated his plans before Ashley and co fucked us.

He always said running at a loss for 3 years was the only way we could retain our stature and challenge Celtic from the off.

How could he have stated those plans before Ashley fucked us ? Ashley fucked us long before King was even a shareholder.

Again, "running at a loss for 3 years" isn't a decision he made, it was something he inherited due to the basket case we are. None of us should be in ANY doubt that we MUST run at a loss in the short to medium term - IF we want our Club running the way it should be. Re-creating proper footballing infrastructure (scouting, youth development, stadium, training facilities etc) will NOT come cheap and quite obviously will entail us running at a loss in the short to medium term, especially when you throw in the virtually non-existent retail income.

Green, I will give you, but Whyte? Please don't make me trawl through endless pages of RM archives. ;)

I think that everyone should be put under the same scrutiny, Rangers men or not. The silence from the various fan organisations has been deafening, if not unsurprising. Even this place looks like FF Lite!

Be sure to trawl through where I said we would be much better off with p Murray offer than Whyte.

As I say I judge individuals individually. I gave Whyte some time to prove himself. Green I knew was just Whyte in disguise so he got no time.

How could he have stated those plans before Ashley fucked us ? Ashley fucked us long before King was even a shareholder.

Again, "running at a loss for 3 years" isn't a decision he made, it was something he inherited due to the basket case we are. None of us should be in ANY doubt that we MUST run at a loss in the short to medium term - IF we want our Club running the way it should be. Re-creating proper footballing infrastructure (scouting, youth development, stadium, training facilities etc) will NOT come cheap and quite obviously will entail us running at a loss in the short to medium term, especially when you throw in the virtually non-existent retail income.

When the blue knights lost out and they took over king spoke then and has kept the same mantra since. We need to speculate to accumulate. He stated cutting costs n trying to run break even would never be accepted by the fans . He then said he would plan to run us at a loss and cover the shortfall. He even fell open mouthed at the journalist the other day when he asked something similar.

How will Ashley prove it if he cant demand his loan repayment ?

By not repaying it he will argue they've not got the funds they're made out to have. Reluctantly I'd tend to agree as per the stuff about getting 45k ST holders for next season. No chance

Who said he was surprised ?

I think you are missing the context of my post. trublu suggested that King DECIDED to run at a loss. I'm saying he didn't make that decision, he inherited a basket case. At no point did I suggest that he would be surprised by what he inherited.

He made that decision before he inherited anything. Read his periodical sound bites from when he was on the outside looking in and you will see him planning to spend millions of his own money to overhaul Celtic.