Mike Ashley tells Rangers FC 'we're not a bank' over loan deal

How rich then?

Rich enough to persuade the Court of Session and the SFA that their intentions are honourable.

Or you could believe what's written on Celtic websites?

Billions between them I think. Certainly hundreds of millions

Don't suppose they could spare a few million between them for some decent players for next season then ?? If they're as wealthy as you say

So if we don't pay him back just now, are we happy to just continue giving them the extra 26% to Rangers Retail, as well as continued security on our assets? The three bears said how crippling this deal was for our recovery, what changed?

I think we're not paying him back because we can't. We need to get rid all of the these onerous deals that we can, until we are in control of our own revenue streams how the hell can we recover and plan for the future?

Has it never occurred to you that we may not be paying it back because a 5 million, interest free, open ended repayment date loan is cheaper than having that 26% of the retail operation back in our hands ?

At a conservative 6%, a 5 million loan would see you paying 300k a year in interest. What is our income from the retail deal again ???

Don't suppose they could spare a few million between them for some decent players for next season then ?? If they're as wealthy as you say

Do you read anything? Manager first, then the budget. King has already said ideally players could be funded by season tickets - i.e the fans know their money is being used to improve the squad - but if that doesn't cover it all, he and the TB's will put money in too. There is also the share issue.

Do you think people like King get their money by just throwing it at something they love? If they stick millions in now, how much of that goes in Ashley's pockets? Or towards any number of shitty contracts? We may be a football club but we are also a business. It's about time we are run like one and chucking money is not the only solution.

We are talking about £15_20m. I don't see them having the kind of cash needed.

Kings giving 50% of what the other investors pony up. So who's putting up the first £10m

After the loans are deducted from the share issue we wI'll be lucky to have £5m worth of shares left. Do we not need shareholder permission to put up another tranche?

We are talking about £15_20m. I don't see them having the kind of cash needed.

Kings giving 50% of what the other investors pony up. So who's putting up the first £10m

After the loans are deducted from the share issue we wI'll be lucky to have £5m worth of shares left. Do we not need shareholder permission to put up another tranche?

Yes, you do. You need to increase the float. That shouldn't be difficult to obtain when the majority of shareholders are looking to invest through this means.