Backroom Staff Changes: Gordon Durie and Head of Sports Science, Jim Henry, have left

KILMARNOCK boss Gary Locke is hoping to secure the services of former Rangers stars Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch.

The duo were deemed surplus to requirements at Ibrox but Locke believes they can strengthen his squad for the new Premiership campaign.

The Rugby Park gaffer hopes to further entice McCulloch to Ayrshire by offering him a player-coach role, but the Scotland cap is waiting to see if Rangers offer him a coaching deal to remain in Govan.

"I've had tentative talks with Lee, but it's not gone any further than that," he told the Sunday Express.

"He would give me a playing option and a coaching option.

"He is waiting to see what happens at Rangers.

"If they make him an offer I suspect he will stay there."

Locke is also hoping Kris Boyd will return for a third spell at Killie.

"It's no secret I'm looking for a striker, and I've been keen on him for some time," he said.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-ready-resign-kris-boyd-5963874

The Herald ran a story a couple of weeks ago and The Scotsman have today.

Would it really surprise you if it were to be true?

Yes it would surprise me if Warburton aadded him to our coaching staff, it would also make me have doubts about him. Cannot think why he would want him as a coach don't think they have ever met?

I repeat that I have it on very good authority from within the club that Jig is desperate to get a coaching job, and has begged for various jobs, and is currently trying to persuade the club to let him at our U15's. That is fact as I know it.

I speculate that he wants to stay to keep his favours (cash or otherwise) with certain journos for leaking the inside info at the club, as he has been suspected of doing since his arrival in 2007.

Yes it would surprise me if Warburton aadded him to our coach I ng staff, it would also make me have doubts about him. Cannot think why he would want him as a coach don't think they have ever met?

I suspect that David Weir will have input on this too

I repeat that I have it on very good authority from within the club that Jig is desperate to get a coaching job, and has begged for various jobs, and is currently trying to persuade the club to let him at our U15's. That is fact as I know it.

I speculate that he wants to stay to keep his favours (cash or otherwise) with certain journos for leaking the inside info at the club, as he has been suspected of doing since his arrival in 2007.

McCulloch is the antithesis of what our youths need.

If that's true it's frightening. Jig can't have got a copy of the memo saying the jobs for the boys crap is soon to be a thing of the past. Does he even have adequate coaching experience?

There's been a number of people guilty of leaking inside info including ex-managers and directors.