Latest BTC appeal news

EBTs as used by Rangers are legal until this current tribunal or the one above it says otherwise.

The fact that the mode of operation breached SFA rules does not make them illegal.

eg. It is perfectly legal for me to wear my hat in the golf clubhouse but the club's rules might require me to doff it so the club fines me £10 but I've done nothing illegal.

Edited by Scott7

Did you forget that it's merely a liquidated company which is in court? Remember all that angst about club and company being separate entities?
the legality of the situation doesn't detract for me. Still want to win and it's still my fight as far as I am concerned . It's just a relief our arse is covered from harm. Something you always.want when dealing with them

The EBT's were included in Rangers audited accounts every year. In that sense they were legal. Did either the SFA or SPL not look at these accounts & think to question who or what these EBT's were for?

And if ur looking for payments not included in registered contracts are the SFA saying this was the only one of its kind? How about the six figure sum paid to McNamara following the two players sold to the yahoos at the start of this year. Is that included in his contract registered with the SFA? Just one such example of course.

And the 'celtic link' in this case is obvious is it not?

You do realize that the inclusion, or omission, from items in a company's accounts does not necessarily make them legal, right ?

Edited by craig

You do realize that the inclusion, or omission, from items in a company's accounts does not necessarily make them legal, right ?

Well they weren't exactly under-the-counter payments being given to Rangers employees as yahoos would have you believe. They were above board and a perfectly legal form of tax avoidance via a loophole later closed by George Osborne

Well, the SFA knows and is not chasing us.

I would wait to see the result of this appeal to be sure of that. It would not surprise me if the result is turned around that they will make another attack.