Can Rangers fans embrace being a selling club?

Either way Rangersitis is right. I don't get this article because we are used to signing players like Ostenstad, Capucho and Emersen then paying them off, then more recently just about every McCoist signing was a disaster. So are the fans going to suddenly say, hey I don't like this new policy of bringing through exciting young players that we can sell for a few million :D?

Celtic have sold £55.85m worth of players in the past 5 seasons so there really is no excuse.

I'm not convinced we have done much worse than celtc.

They have received £55.85m in the last 5 seasons and we have received a curly wurly and half a chomp. In fact we haven't received anything, we have just spent an absolute fortune on worthless crap.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

They have received £55.85m in the last 5 seasons and we have received a curly wurly and half a chomp. In fact we haven't received anything, we have just spent an absolute fortune on worthless crap.

Is the 55.8 million in their accounts or is that from numbers provided by the media ?

They have spent far more in the last 5 as well but that's your arbitrary period not mine

They have spent far more in the last 5 as well but that's your arbitrary period not mine

And they are operating at a profit. We spent £20 odd million in wages on players in the lower leagues we will never get a penny for. We are welcome to go back further if you want, I don't think it would make great reading.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

At the beginning of the 2011-12 season, I reckon we had 11 or 12 players worth more than £1m in the squad. The fact we didn't realise all the fees was not the manager's fault, and with most of them walking away for nothing, it completely twists any comparison to Celtic vastly in their favour. Now why would anyone do that?

However, in a pissing contest about who is the more the selling club, it's not one I'd really want to boast about winning, even though the financial advantages are obvious.

Celtic are always twisting their figures in a way that ends up making them look a bit crap. They put their attendances down to save tax, making them look less popular, they put them up to look like the more popular team, only to look stupid with a half empty stadium that's supposed to be full, and they put their player fees up to look like they can spot a player and end up looking like a League One feeder club.

That's just a dip in the ocean of their lies and propaganda. They will never be a club I will admire or would like us to emulate.