Can Rangers fans embrace being a selling club?

I asked Calscot a question, not sure what wikipedia has to do with anything. They have sold their players for large sums of money and we have not, no matter which way you try to spin it.

First, I don't spin anything here. Second, wikipedia would have shown you in seconds that we had roughly 30 players in our first team squad of 2010/11, and quite a few more than 10 would have earned us in access of 1m, or, indeed were worth more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Rangers_F.C._season

As this is rather hypothetical, one can obviously put his own spin on that and "debate" which player was worth more or which one wasworth less. Yet, that would be arguing for arguments sake. What we generally did for decades is letting players leave for less than we ought to. But that does not hold only true for us. What is peculiar though, SBS, is that you try to paint the Scum's activity in that respect as a success. Well, from their point of view it sure is, but likewise, as was pointed out, it was not exactly a success because of their own work, but because of the English who splashed far more money than required or warranted. And it will raise a few eyebrows if one wants to draw similarities between their success in that department and our failure, being actively oblivious to the state we were in. If anything, one can commend the Scum for finding a) people to sell on and b) people to buy them. Yay!

craig

Forrest, Henderson, McGeough (though it could be claimed WE developed him), McGeady, Islam Feruz - these are just 5 off the top of my head. Not that I enjoy remembering any of their younger players.

While that is true, only McGeady falls into the category of developing their own or buying players and selling them off on a profit. Granted, the Euro 347k for Feruz could be regarded as a profit too.

Edited by der Berliner

lets face it the days of the huge transfers into rangers are over , we don't want a return to huge debt so we have to get the best young players get a tune out of them and sell for as much profit as we can muster but that does not mean we wont have success on the park sadly we in Scotland don't get any money worth talking about from the telly or sponsorship so we will have to make the best of our hand we have been dealt with .

First, I don't spin anything here.

WOW :roflmao:!!!

Second, wikipedia would have shown you in seconds that we had roughly 30 players in our first team squad of 2010/11, and quite a few more than 10 would have earned us in access of 1m, or, indeed were worth more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Rangers_F.C._season

I don't need to look at wikipedia to know who played for us then. I have already stated the players I believe were worth more than £1m at the start of 11/12.

As this is rather hypothetical, one can obviously put his own spin on that and "debate" which player was worth more or which one wasworth less. Yet, that would be arguing for arguments sake. What we generally did for decades is letting players leave for less than we ought to. But that does not hold only true for us. What is peculiar though, SBS, is that you try to paint the Scum's activity in that respect as a success. Well, from their point of view it sure is, but likewise, as was pointed out, it was not exactly a success because of their own work, but because of the English who splashed far more money than required or warranted. And it will raise a few eyebrows if one wants to draw similarities between their success in that department and our failure, being actively oblivious to the state we were in. If anything, one can commend the Scum for finding a) people to sell on and b) people to buy them. Yay!

English clubs are welcome to splash the cash on our players too, should they deem them worthy. Spin, spin, spin.

In the last 10 years only Boumsong and Cuellar have gone for large sums to the Premiership. I wouldn't class Jelavic and Wilson as particularly large sums.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

While that is true, only McGeady falls into the category of developing their own or buying players and selling them off on a profit. Granted, the Euro 347k for Feruz could be regarded as a profit too.

Huh ? How does Forrest or Henderson not qualify as "developing their own" ??

WOW :roflmao:!!!

I don't need to look at wikipedia to know who played for us then. I have already stated the players I believe were worth more than £1m at the start of 11/12.

English clubs are welcome to splash the cash on our players too, should they deem them worthy. Spin, spin, spin.

In the last 10 years only Boumsong and Cuellar have gone for large sums to the Premiership. I wouldn't class Jelavic and Wilson as particularly large sums.

You wouldn't class 9 million quid for Hutton as a large sum either ? :P

Huh ? How does Forrest or Henderson not qualify as "developing their own" ??

I actually explained that above. We are going on about being "selling clubs" here. Much of that revolves on a) buying cheap and selling on a profit, while b) it also revolves around breeding your own talent and sell it off ... like we did with e.g. Hutton and Wilson. Forrest much like McGeough, AFAIK, is still a Yahoo ... but hand on heart, I did not check on Henderson. There is no doubt, of course, that the Scum much like we develop their own youth people or have them develop on loan.