Darren McGregor joins Hibs - also Zaliukas released

As I said, Ian Black has been capped by Scotland - and I don't wish him to be anywhere near our team either.

Very happy to agree on that one!

However, a parting shot: Black had one second half sub appearance for Scotland and is currently unemployed apparently (Berwick?). Zaliukas has played 25 times for Lithuania and played v England at Wembley; so again not a very fair comparison I'd say.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think we'll need to disagree on this one, as I said I enjoyed watching him play, his anticipation and interceptions were excellent most of the time; and it will be along time till we're back at the level of employing current internationals from top nations, indeed that may never happen again.

Or he was regularly caught out diving in in the real world

BH, I don't care how many times you say that "Zaliukas is a current international" as it means absolutely nothing in my eyes. Unless of course you sare saying that being an international must mean you are a decent player - to which I would contend that is not the case.

The ONLY concern I have is what Zaliukas provided whilst at Rangers - and every time I watched him (Mohsni really is irrelevant in this context as this is about Zaliukas, not a player you detest) I had to do so with hands over eyes.

I don't care if he had played for Lithuania 125 times, it still doesn't mean he is a player. Captaining a team doesn't make you the best player either - may mean you are the best leader in the team but says little about you as a player.

I STILL contend that Zaliukas was a bombscare. Wasn't helped by the players who were beside him, but the same could be said for those players who had to play beside Zaliukas.

International experience is only relevant if it is at a certain level. Lithuania struggle to make the top 100. There's plenty nations with highly capped players who aren't even professionals.

Very happy to agree on that one!

However, a parting shot: Black had one second half sub appearance for Scotland and is currently unemployed apparently (Berwick?). Zaliukas has played 25 times for Lithuania and played v England at Wembley; so again not a very fair comparison I'd say.

Andy Selva has 70 caps for San Marino and he's an amateur.

I think we'll need to disagree on this one, as I said I enjoyed watching him play, his anticipation and interceptions were excellent most of the time; and it will be along time till we're back at the level of employing current internationals from top nations, indeed that may never happen again.

you're taking the piss