Darren McGregor joins Hibs - also Zaliukas released

BH, I don't care how many times you say that "Zaliukas is a current international" as it means absolutely nothing in my eyes. Unless of course you sare saying that being an international must mean you are a decent player - to which I would contend that is not the case.

The ONLY concern I have is what Zaliukas provided whilst at Rangers - and every time I watched him (Mohsni really is irrelevant in this context as this is about Zaliukas, not a player you detest) I had to do so with hands over eyes.

I don't care if he had played for Lithuania 125 times, it still doesn't mean he is a player. Captaining a team doesn't make you the best player either - may mean you are the best leader in the team but says little about you as a player.

I STILL contend that Zaliukas was a bombscare. Wasn't helped by the players who were beside him, but the same could be said for those players who had to play beside Zaliukas.

We had quite a few more players who were real "bombscares", none more so than Mohsni and McCulloch at times. Zaliukas had essentially one game that apparently sticks in people#s mind, i.e. the last of last season. I saw the home game againt Motherwell and it was essentially a desaster by Wallace that gave away two goals. Zaliukas is of an average "SPL" level, no better, but no worse. And for once, that has nothing to do with calling spades spades. It IMHO just about people who wanted him shot and now get their wish fulfilled. Perhaps people would simply abstain from such undue comments and enjoy the present.

We had quite a few more players who were real "bombscares", none more so than Mohsni and McCulloch at times. Zaliukas had essentially one game that apparently sticks in people#s mind, i.e. the last of last season. I saw the home game againt Motherwell and it was essentially a desaster by Wallace that gave away two goals. Zaliukas is of an average "SPL" level, no better, but no worse. And for once, that has nothing to do with calling spades spades. It IMHO just about people who wanted him shot and now get their wish fulfilled. Perhaps people would simply abstain from such undue comments and enjoy the present.

You mean in the same way you were name-calling Hutton ? At least be consistent if criticizing others dB.

You mean in the same way you were name-calling Hutton ? At least be consistent if criticizing others dB.

I have no problem calling Mohsni and McCulloch a bombscare as defenders, while Hutton was woeful as a midfielder in his last three seasons (at least) - and that's common opinion, not just mine. Zaliukas was no "bombscare" and calling him that is stretching it.

so it would be in our interest to pay up his contract. This would hardly free up wages for another player though.

It does free up plenty of employers national insurance contributions though.

I'm new to this but if such a thing happened to Darren McGregor I think we might have just saved about £27,000 from our playing budget.

I have no problem calling Mohsni and McCulloch a bombscare as defenders, while Hutton was woeful as a midfielder in his last three seasons (at least) - and that's common opinion, not just mine. Zaliukas was no "bombscare" and calling him that is stretching it.

In your opinion, on all counts. Let's just leave it at that.

One thing we know is you are consistently inconsistent given you ask others to refrain from name-calling players but do it yourself when you see fit.

In your opinion, on all counts. Let's just leave it at that.

One thing we know is you are consistently inconsistent given you ask others to refrain from name-calling players but do it yourself when you see fit.

Well, I generally restrain myself from giving Rangers players abuse or derogative names. Not least because I do think that it does not befit our club nor its support. That should not stop anyone from saying that a player is poor, mediocre or the like. It should not stop people either from keeping in mind that quite a few of these players have been playing professional football for a reason, and in Zaliukas' or Peralta's case international football. That they have a bad spell at e.g. Rangers does not mean they are at best pub-team players, which seems to ooze out of some comments. Obviously, each to his/her own and let the freedom of speech proceed. After all, it's a fanboard. Likewise should a word of restraint be allowed.

As for Hutton, I don't think I gave him dogs abuse, but clearly disliked his attitude, application and desire for us and our club. There once was a good footballer in him, but one only has to look at people like Macleod and Murdoch and how they went on with business and compare that to Hutton (character- and application-wise). He turned into someone who should not have a place in our team and was eating up money. Whatever he did in training to convince the managers, he rarely produced a performance worth mentioning or remembering these last three seasons. Can you - with a clear conscience - say that of Zaliukas? (I watched him rather closely when he was playing - not least to see how he performes in contrast to Mohsni and McCulloch. And the odd mishap aside, he never really let the team down or became a non entity like some others, be that Hutton, Black at times or indeed Law last season.)

Edited by der Berliner

Well, I generally restrain myself from giving Rangers players abuse or derogative names. Not least because I do think that it does not befit our club nor its support. That should not stop anyone from saying that a player is poor, mediocre or the like. It should not stop people either from keeping in mind that quite a few of these players have been playing professional football for a reason, and in Zaliukas' or Peralta's case international football. That they have a bad spell at e.g. Rangers does not mean they are at best pub-team players, which seems to ooze out of some comments. Obviously, each to his/her own and let the freedom of speech proceed. After all, it's a fanboard. Likewise should a word of restraint be allowed.

As for Hutton, I don't think I gave him dogs abuse, but clearly disliked his attitude, application and desire for us and our club. There once was a good footballer in him, but one only has to look at people like Macleod and Murdoch and how they went on with business and compare that to Hutton (character- and application-wise). He turned into someone who should not have a place in our team and was eating up money. Whatever he did in training to convince the managers, he rarely produced a performance worth mentioning or remembering these last three seasons. Can you - with a clear conscience - say that of Zaliukas? (I watched him rather closely when he was playing - not least to see how he performes in contrast to Mohsni and McCulloch. And the odd mishap aside, he never really let the team down or became a non entity like some others, be that Hutton, Black at times or indeed Law last season.)

Zaliukas was a bomb scare. Nothing more needs said. And, yes, I can say that with a very clear conscience. Stop comparing him to McCulloch & Mohsni - them being bomb scares does NOT negate Zaliukas being a bomb scare too.

All the stuff you post above is nothing more than fluff.

BH, I don't care how many times you say that "Zaliukas is a current international" as it means absolutely nothing in my eyes. Unless of course you sare saying that being an international must mean you are a decent player - to which I would contend that is not the case.

The ONLY concern I have is what Zaliukas provided whilst at Rangers - and every time I watched him (Mohsni really is irrelevant in this context as this is about Zaliukas, not a player you detest) I had to do so with hands over eyes.

I don't care if he had played for Lithuania 125 times, it still doesn't mean he is a player. Captaining a team doesn't make you the best player either - may mean you are the best leader in the team but says little about you as a player.

I STILL contend that Zaliukas was a bombscare. Wasn't helped by the players who were beside him, but the same could be said for those players who had to play beside Zaliukas.

I think we'll need to disagree on this one, as I said I enjoyed watching him play, his anticipation and interceptions were excellent most of the time; and it will be a long time till we're back at the level of employing current internationals from top nations, indeed that may never happen again.

Edited by BrahimHemdani