Darren McGregor joins Hibs - also Zaliukas released

I think we'll need to disagree on this one, as I said I enjoyed watching him play, his anticipation and interceptions were excellent most of the time; and it will be along time till we're back at the level of employing current internationals from top nations, indeed that may never happen again.

Lithuania are a "top nation" now ? Come on, that is stretching it severely. As I said previously though, being an international means very little. FFS, Ian Black has been capped by Scotland - need I say more ?

As for the rest, I am happy to agree to disagree.

At some point hopefully both you and dB will realize that whether you like Zaliukas or not, his style of football is most definitely NOT suited to this current team's philosophy. He will go with my thanks, but I won't be disappointed to see him leave.

Agree Craig. Past glories matter for nothing.

Warburton has a broom to go with his hat, and unless you fit with his system, you wont play. Zaliukus will be better to move now, as he might find even harder to get a new club at a later date.

I think we'll need to disagree on this one, as I said I enjoyed watching him play, his anticipation and interceptions were excellent most of the time; and it will be along time till we're back at the level of employing current internationals from top nations, indeed that may never happen again.

Your having a laugh mate , he was woeful most of the time , slow and very poor positional wise , if that's the level of internationals you want , I will happily pass on them

Zaliukas was a bomb scare. Nothing more needs said. And, yes, I can say that with a very clear conscience. Stop comparing him to McCulloch & Mohsni - them being bomb scares does NOT negate Zaliukas being a bomb scare too.

All the stuff you post above is nothing more than fluff.

While you drum up your opinion with ... just your opinion? Well, I'm not here to change opinions, just defend mine. Or rather, make mine clear and say why I disagree with others.

At some point hopefully both you and dB will realize that whether you like Zaliukas or not, his style of football is most definitely NOT suited to this current team's philosophy. ...

Hey, THAT was actually not up to debate.

Edited by der Berliner

Zaliukas was a bomb scare. Nothing more needs said. And, yes, I can say that with a very clear conscience. Stop comparing him to McCulloch & Mohsni - them being bomb scares does NOT negate Zaliukas being a bomb scare too.

All the stuff you post above is nothing more than fluff.

Craig, I really do think using the same derogatory expression for Zaliukas as Mohsni or even McCulloch is out of order.

McCulloch was a liability basically because of his lack of pace and positional sense as a defender.

Mohnsi on the other hand clearly had some kind of defect in his character, mental or otherwise which led him to attack players etc etc which is well documented and rehearsed on here.

Zaliukas may be slowing down at age 32 but he is still miles quicker than McCulloch had perfect positional sense for his position.

So I would contend that using "bomb scare" to cover all three players is grossly unfair to Zaliukas at least.

Lithuania are a "top nation" now ? Come on, that is stretching it severely. As I said previously though, being an international means very little. FFS, Ian Black has been capped by Scotland - need I say more ?

As for the rest, I am happy to agree to disagree.

At some point hopefully both you and dB will realize that whether you like Zaliukas or not, his style of football is most definitely NOT suited to this current team's philosophy. He will go with my thanks, but I won't be disappointed to see him leave.

I think you may have misunderstood my first point or perhaps I didn't express it too well.

What I was suggesting was that if we are to acquire (European) international standard players in future then it is likely they will be from "lesser" nations like Lithuania [45th] NOT from top (10 or 20) nations such as England , Portugal, Netherlands, Ukraine, Turkey or even say Croatia and Sweden as we have done in the past. I would think that Denmark, Norway etc (outside the top 20) might be our level but if and only if they are better than what we can produce or find in the UK.

Craig, I really do think using the same derogatory expression for Zaliukas as Mohsni or even McCulloch is out of order.

McCulloch was a liability basically because of his lack of pace and positional sense as a defender.

Mohnsi on the other hand clearly had some kind of defect in his character, mental or otherwise which led him to attack players etc etc which is well documented and rehearsed on here.

Zaliukas may be slowing down at age 32 but he is still miles quicker than McCulloch had perfect positional sense for his position.

So I would contend that using "bomb scare" to cover all three players is grossly unfair to Zaliukas at least.

As I said we will agree to disagree BH.

In the same way you are stretching it by suggesting Lithuania are a "top nation" I also believe that you are stretching it by suggesting that he had "perfect positional sense". I recall being at Ibrox for either the QotS game or the Livvy game back in March and watched Zaliukas get caught out of position more than once. His distribution was poor too.

That said, we are beating a dead horse. You and I will never agree on this.

I think you may have misunderstood my first point or perhaps I didn't express it too well.

What I was suggesting was that if we are to acquire (European) international standard players in future then it is likely they will be from "lesser" nations like Lithuania [45th] NOT from top (10 or 20) nations such as England , Portugal, Netherlands, Ukraine, Turkey or even say Croatia and Sweden as we have done in the past. I would think that Denmark, Norway etc (outside the top 20) might be our level but if and only if they are better than what we can produce or find in the UK.

Even with the clarified explanation of him being an international I still contend that being an international means very little. As I said, Ian Black has been capped by Scotland - and I don't wish him to be anywhere near our team either.