Darren McGregor joins Hibs - also Zaliukas released

I hate to mention the 'A' word, but it just ocurred to me: could we not have used McGregor as a extra enticement to Hibs, plus a wee 100k?

Wouldn't have made a difference. They hate us and wouldn't have sold to us. F%^&% them !!

I hate to mention the 'A' word, but it just ocurred to me: could we not have used McGregor as a extra enticement to Hibs, plus a wee 100k?

In retrospect, it looks to me as though Hibs were actually more interested in signing McGeouch on a permanent deal from Celtic than about Allan's future. They reportedly ended up getting £250-300k for Allan plus they got the lad they really wanted (McGeouch) for an undisclosed fee, plus they got Henderson on loan from Celtic.

We hardly let him go to Hibs if we had released him from his contract. The player himself decided upon Hibs - and he is a Hibs fan.

Good luck to the lad, just obviously not against us.

Pity he knows so much about us and can tell it all to the bitter Stubbs

In retrospect, it looks to me as though Hibs were actually more interested in signing McGeouch on a permanent deal from Celtic than about Allan's future. They reportedly ended up getting £250-300k for Allan plus they got the lad they really wanted (McGeouch) for an undisclosed fee, plus they got Henderson on loan from Celtic.

Exactly.

Allan had to go & hibz did everything they could to stop him going to us in this transfer window.

In the end it was only Allan himself who could have forced the issue by biding his time at hibz & signing a pre-contract with Rangers in January. He chose not to do that & I genuinely wonder who advised him & what that advice was. I suspect a big part of that advice was money related

FWIW I dont think signing for the yahoos is a particularly good move for him as they're already top heavy with MF players.

Yes but too late now. Hibs must be laughing there head off. Really bad business by Rangers.

Yes but too late now. Hibs must be laughing there head off. Really bad business by Rangers.

They won't be laughing their head off if they can't get out of this league. They already are looking at a battle for 2nd place.

Zaliukas looks as if he'll be released over the next day or two as well.

That means, as it stands, Lang, Halkett and McCrorie will be our central defensive deputies behind Wilson, Kiernan and Ball.

I am disgusted we let McGregor go to Hibs for free, especially after the way their blind hatred of our club manifested itself in the Allan affair. It would have been a victory if we even got £50K for him. Look at McGeoch - celtic didnt want him, they knew that Hibs did, and got a fee for him despite him having one year left on his deal. Really bad business by us here and as one of the first proper bits of transfer dealings that our new CEO (from Motherwell, forgot his name already!) has overseen I must say I am bitterly disappointed, nay raging, that this was allowed to happen.

We better sharpen up our ideas in our dealings, and fast, if we are to properly compete with our enemy, who seem to be miles ahead in this department.

As an aside as this thread is also bringing Allan into it, I find it highly amusing and pretty ironic that in a celtic side that made 9 changes and rested all their main players for the walkover at Tannadice, that Allan still couldn't get a game for the virtually second 11. When I heard they made 9 changes I assumed he played, checked it last night to find he was an unused sub. Hilarious.