Darren McGregor joins Hibs - also Zaliukas released

I think McGregor may have had to go because we are paying £6,500 a week for the Arsenal lad who is obviously going to play more games.

Personally I think he deserved a shot in the "new" team based on his performances last season but if MW decided otherwise then it's best he moves on.

I liked Zaliukas, though he was often guilty of rash tackles and lack of concentration; the two of them were a decent pairing. At 32 however, he will want to play, so here again it's best he moves on provided we didn't have to give him a big pay off.

I wish them both well.

I think McGregor may have had to go because we are paying £6,500 a week for the Arsenal lad who is obviously going to play more games.

Personally I think he deserved a shot in the "new" team based on his performances last season but if MW decided otherwise then it's best he moves on.

I liked Zaliukas, though he was often guilty of rash tackles and lack of concentration; the two of them were a decent pairing. At 32 however, he will want to play, so here again it's best he moves on provided we didn't have to give him a big pay off.

I wish them both well.

Zaliukas is a bomb scare.

And if the contract structure as stewarty posted is correct then the lad is making a mistake by signing for them - he would definitely have played more games for us than he would for them. I actually think he would have enjoyed his football more too. Then you have the added element of manager - Warburton has only just joined us and wanted Allan, thus Allan would be one of "his" players. Warburton has us playing Allan's type of football. Warburton is likely to be here for a few years (here's hoping none of the "bigs" down south don't come knocking) - whereas I can see Deila being on a shoogly peg, and where does that then leave Allan.

Add to that the fact that the lad will now never play for us, or certainly he wont sign directly for us from them..... and I think that he has made a monumental mistake (or taken incredibly bad advice) all for the sake of 30 pieces of silver, which wasn't that much in fairness.

I heard from a good source at the weekend that his Agent actually begged him not to take the bheasts offer (agent is a bear), as did his parents who are now devastated. Despite all this, Allan still went ahead and signed. Shows you the kind of person he is, and that we have actually dodged a bullet there.

Be careful there because you are talking about a Rangers fan.

Nah he has all ready stated that he wasn't really that much a Rangers fan. All the stories in the papers must have been lies then.

I heard from a good source at the weekend that his Agent actually begged him not to take the bheasts offer (agent is a bear), as did his parents who are now devastated. Despite all this, Allan still went ahead and signed. Shows you the kind of person he is, and that we have actually dodged a bullet there.

If that is so then he really isn't much of a Bear himself - and it also shows his lack of vision - he is a young lad and would only spend 9 months in the 2nd tier before being back in the SPFL with his boyhood team, having helped get them promotion back to their rightful place - his part in our recovery being etched in history.

More fool him is that story is accurate. Silly boy.

I think that's a bit strong, Mohsni was a bomb scare, Zaliukas is a current international who was very successful and captained Hearts and has played for his country 25 times, even if that's Lithuania he isn't a bomb scare.

BH, I don't care how many times you say that "Zaliukas is a current international" as it means absolutely nothing in my eyes. Unless of course you sare saying that being an international must mean you are a decent player - to which I would contend that is not the case.

The ONLY concern I have is what Zaliukas provided whilst at Rangers - and every time I watched him (Mohsni really is irrelevant in this context as this is about Zaliukas, not a player you detest) I had to do so with hands over eyes.

I don't care if he had played for Lithuania 125 times, it still doesn't mean he is a player. Captaining a team doesn't make you the best player either - may mean you are the best leader in the team but says little about you as a player.

I STILL contend that Zaliukas was a bombscare. Wasn't helped by the players who were beside him, but the same could be said for those players who had to play beside Zaliukas.