Rangers and the loan market: Embrace it

You built your point on one game. Be as well saying we should sign the whole Aberdeen team.

I feel quite sure no one will be happy with 1 point in 9 loan players or not.

And yet when you look at the match statistics for these loan players.... of the two loan players Cuadrado only played 15 minutes of their opening 2 Serie A games, both of which ended in defeat. And in their 3rd Serie A game they drew, a game in which only 1 of those loan players played, and Cuadrado only played 25 minutes at that...

Yet, in the Champions League game last night Cuadrado played the full 90.

Nobody should be happy at only 1 point in 9 - but to suggest that it is due to the loan players, who have played the sum total of 40 minutes in the league combined out of 270 is more than a stretch.

It seems YOU were the one that built your point on sand, not Bluedell.

And yet when you look at the match statistics for these loan players.... of the two loan players Cuadrado only played 15 minutes of their opening 2 Serie A games, both of which ended in defeat. And in their 3rd Serie A game they drew, a game in which only 1 of those loan players played, and Cuadrado only played 25 minutes at that...

Yet, in the Champions League game last night Cuadrado played the full 90.

Nobody should be happy at only 1 point in 9 - but to suggest that it is due to the loan players, who have played the sum total of 40 minutes in the league combined out of 270 is more than a stretch.

It seems YOU were the one that built your point on sand, not Bluedell.

And to think I was slaughtered for pointing out our win rate with and without vuckic

So if loan players hurt youth development by temporarily keeping them out the team then the same must be said for buying players! So should we get rid of waghorn so a lesser undeserving player like Hardie can play?!

I don't quite get that logic.

The argument that GS is making is that loan players are preventing our OWN players from development, not specifically youth players.

I don't quite get that logic.

The argument that GS is making is that loan players are preventing our OWN players from development, not specifically youth players.

If a player is not good enough to play it matters neither whether the player playing in front of him is on loan or bought he has not shown enough merit to be considered.

My point was not in seriousness as gunslingers argument makes no sense.

Playing a player who does not merit a position in front of 50,000 fans who will show displeasure at any continuing mistake does not improve a players chance of improving it does the opposite.

The argument of they are our player so should play before a loanee is utilised, holds no water. It is not in the interest of the club or player to field sub par players in a high pressure situation. Players must earn their spot and be worthy that cannot be superseded by ownership

That was my point. Neither of us can have it both ways.

I was right on vuckic and the loan thing is a personal preference so I can't be wrong on that.

Hahaha... I will give you personal preference on the loan system

As for Vuckic.... that isn't being "right", it too is personal opinion !

It's obvious that loan players will mean less chances for our own developing youngsters to break through.

That's life !

and that's where we are on the fringes of mega England and Sky

if we can tap the English loan market successfully, we could have a team that would do well in Europe

It's obvious that loan players will mean less chances for our own developing youngsters to break through.

That's life !

and that's where we are on the fringes of mega England and Sky

if we can tap the English loan market successfully, we could have a team that would do well in Europe

Should it not be that our young players are brought up to the level of the EPL players. That is the goal of the academy, but it has obviously not set it's heights high enough in the past.