Rangers and the loan market: Embrace it

Of course. But at our long term expense

I think you can see from this statement from the gaffer just how a winning 1st team experience can impress upon, and teach a young player coming up from the academy just what is required of him ...

Most of the good players serve an apprenticeship, and if a few good loan signings give us the opportunity to allow our young fellows the time to grow and mature properly, and at the same time are adding value to the first team where is the harm in that?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10128-singing-praises-of-signings

Wednesday, 16 September 2015 15:00

Singing Praises Of Signings

Written by Nick Thomson

Singing Praises Of Signings

IT’S not often a club can do the level of transfer business Rangers did over the summer and declare each and every one of the new signings a success.

But manager Mark Warburton is able to claim that honour with all of his 10 first-team signings having made a positive contribution so far.

The boss explained: “A lot of work goes into the character of the players, and what value they add both on and off the pitch.

“I’ve used that expression many, many times, and sometimes it’s used very cheaply, but it’s really important for us that we build our dressing room on unity, harmony and workrate, and we need to make sure the characters are right.

“They can have great quality on the pitch, but if they are the wrong type of the pitch, they can cause more problems than good.

“We have to be aware of that, and we’re very happy that our homework and investigative work has gone well so far, and every player has come in and contributed for us.”

But while the new signings have contributed excellently, Warburton has also been pleased with the Academy players who have been training with his squad so far this season, and he also spoke highly of Dylan Dykes who was the 19th man for the Raith Rovers and Livingston matches.

He said: “On Monday we brought up three younger players – Ross McCrorie, Max Ashmore and Dylan Dykes – to train with us, and we have no hesitation or no qualms at all over using the boys from the Academy.

“They are there and they are working hard, and they deserve to be with us.

“We’ve seen Dylan come on for the under-20s as a substitute a couple of times and make a positive contribution.

“He deserves his chance and we’re pleased with him. I see a player with a languid style who can see a pass and time his forward runs very well.

“For a young man to be 19th man at Ibrox two weeks on the bounce and experience everything that goes with it and seeing how the first team players prepare and ready themselves for a game at first-team level is fantastic for him, and it’s all part of his development.

“Hopefully he relays those experiences down to the Academy guys, and they feed off of that.”

No it was you. Your point was built on sand.

I didn't mention their serie A form, that was you. I did highlight that loan deals are good enough for a team that can beat the team in first place in the EPL )and reached the CL final last year), a point that you seem to have dismissed without any reasoning.

Unlike you, I want the best team possible on the park this season and to have players that will get us as far as possible in all cup competitions.

I didn't mention their serie A form, that was you. I did highlight that loan deals are good enough for a team that can beat the team in first place in the EPL )and reached the CL final last year), a point that you seem to have dismissed without any reasoning.

Unlike you, I want the best team possible on the park this season and to have players that will get us as far as possible in all cup competitions.

You built your point on one game. Be as well saying we should sign the whole Aberdeen team.

I feel quite sure no one will be happy with 1 point in 9 loan players or not.

No he was doing it before you had ever heard of them.
his attitude prohibited his inclusion.

Players benefit from playing with better players.

Only the best should play for Rangers. Why you would want to aim lower than that standard to benefit an individual over the club is beyond me. Oduwa has brought us more recognition in his few weeks than McKay has in years. Long may it continue. I'm firmly in the Warburton camp on this one.

Players need to show a minimum standard required before they get a game in the first team not after.

I see it as a way to get the best players possible.

Just a different type of employment contract

The whole idea that clubs should be allowed to buy and sell players is ridiculous anyway. I don't know how they get away with it.

who in the normal world would tolerate taking a job you couldn't quit unless your employer agreed

I see it as a way to get the best players possible.

Just a different type of employment contract

The whole idea that clubs should be allowed to buy and sell players is ridiculous anyway. I don't know how they get away with it.

who in the normal world would tolerate taking a job you couldn't quit unless your employer agreed

Same as in every sport.

Would you buy a season ticket knowing your team had a marquee player at the start of the season but that he could walk away at any time?