I think the sad thing is that if they are still any good, then we can't really afford them. Right now that even goes for McLeod, although that could change after a promotion and share issue.

It seems strange that 15-20 years after £4-6 million seemed like a normal fee for us, a tenth of that is now a lot, while most prices have at least doubled with inflation.

Didn't those three walk as well compo?....for more money

Davy Wilson had to be dragged kicking and screaming onto the train to Dundee in exchange for Orange Personn. Jimmy Miller and Wullie Henderson had reached the end of the natural road, prematurely in Wullie's case because of his bunion

We got some service out of Miller. Half-back, centre forward, then half-back again. One of the world's great spectacles to see him outjump the giant McNeil and bullet in a header. A better header of the ball than DJ or Hateley imho, though my auld mither would have said Willie Thornton.

Does anyone else think it will be a long time before we bring back players who have left our club?...

No thanks mate. One of the most refreshing things about this bright new dawn under Mark Warburton is that we haven't fallen into the lazy thinking that has blighted our club for the last 10 years or so. ie. Let's keep looking back at the past... Boyd, Novo, Miller, Smith, Foster etc. Forget the past. Let's keep looking forward and instead of dusting off some old year books to find our next star, I'd rather we found them with good scouting and a keen eye for new/potential talent.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Steven Naismith quote.

“Finally I would like to thank the fans for all their backing. Everyone knows I am a life-long Rangers supporter and so I share in the disappointment and anger of what has happened to the great Rangers Football Club.

“I hope that a successful new Rangers can emerge and wish everyone connected with the new Club, including Mr Green and his consortium, the very best for the future.

Steven Naismith quote.

“Finally I would like to thank the fans for all their backing. Everyone knows I am a life-long Rangers supporter and so I share in the disappointment and anger of what has happened to the great Rangers Football Club.

“I hope that a successful new Rangers can emerge and wish everyone connected with the new Club, including Mr Green and his consortium, the very best for the future.

Let me guess: you take offense at the "new" in there? If so, ask him today and see what his reply would be. A lot of people said a lot of things back then, some even to this day. Just have a look at this liquidation rubbish ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3009881/Everton-forward-Steven-Naismith-refuses-rule-returning-Rangers-future.html

BTW, any talk about Naismith is essentially pointless, as he's contracted to Everton till 2019.

Edited by der Berliner

Let me guess: you take offense at the "new" in there? If so, ask him today and see what his reply would be. A lot of people said a lot of things back then, some even to this day. Just have a look at this liquidation rubbish ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3009881/Everton-forward-Steven-Naismith-refuses-rule-returning-Rangers-future.html

BTW, any talk about Naismith is essentially pointless, as he's contracted to Everton till 2019.

From the media I expect poorly researched journalism, from Rangers fans I would hope for accurate statements and not giving ammunition to our enemies.

Has he apologised for it yet? That would be a good start if he wants to build some bridges.

Has he apologised for it yet? That would be a good start if he wants to build some bridges.

I'm not exactly defending him for saying this rubbish, just that quite a lot of somesuch was said at the time and ever since. I don't think - right now - he even remembers this faux pas. BTW, methinks other Rangers people and even our current chairman ("traditional Rangers") manage to hand ammo to our enemies regularly, unwittingly, no doubt.

To be honest it very seldom works for a player second time round I don't know why but very few come back better and give sterling service but there are some who have bucked the trend one I am thinking of right now was auld came back and played well for that mob in the east