Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Yes he has spoken to me about it.its what you call press releases, he does a couple a week you should check them out. He said clearly he wanted players in early and that he would move on quickly if a players value is above our own . That has clearly not happened or have you not noticed the date?

Doesn't that depend on what players he wanted? As I said above, we simply don't know who was or is on his list, do we? And we signed up 4 players early, possibly with the aim to get the Accrington Stanley folk in before summer too - playing a bit of poker right now. Diagouraga and O'Halloran are/were bonus to that and would/will possibly only join up when all boxes were/are ticked. I wouldn't be surprised if we snap up a few loanees again, closer to the end of the window - people that are surplus to their home clubs but couldn't find a "better" team in time. (Not that I would endorse that.)

I wasn't talking specifically about Diagouraga. Besides, we will have a value on what a player is worth, that doesn't need to correlate with another teams value. Each club has a budget too.

Leeds perhaps felt he was worth the same as us.... but given they got 3.5 million for Byram were comfortable spending the extra 100-200k. Just because they paid more doesn't mean they didn't pay over the odds.

Of course it has to match the other teams value! if it doesn't we will never reach agreement or secure our targets.

Why would anybody in their right mind only go after targets that are 2 to 3 times out with their price range! I honestly cant believe you think that is our transfer policy! Would love to hear that meeting where MW explains to the board he would like us to go after 2 players but only offer a third of their parent clubs value!

So you believe MW said to the board get me Diagouraga for £200k! Explain these valuations and how they could possibly belong in reality? There is no chance the reason we lost out on diagouraga is because MW thought he was only worth £200k and Ohalleron could be got for £150-£200k

Doesn't that depend on what players he wanted? As I said above, we simply don't know who was or is on his list, do we? And we signed up 4 players early, possibly with the aim to get the Accrington Stanley folk in before summer too - playing a bit of poker right now. Diagouraga and O'Halloran are/were bonus to that and would/will possibly only join up when all boxes were/are ticked. I wouldn't be surprised if we snap up a few loanees again, closer to the end of the window - people that are surplus to their home clubs but couldn't find a "better" team in time. (Not that I would endorse that.)

we know that nobody for these two positions that MW has obviously decided needs filling has came in in the time frame the manager wanted. We know that even though he stated two players would be in shortly nothing materialised. Personally I think MW is a shrewd guy and there is no chance he is daft enough to encourage the level of bids we have made with any real expectation they would be successful. He will cover for the board but i would put money on the fact he has made his feelings clear behind closed doors.

Pretty much every excuse under the sun has been brought out now to explain away what's happened, personally i don't get the fear of looking at ourselves and the way we operate. The needing to negotiate then go to the board for money which all takes time is a far more likely reason for us missing out on targets than 90% of the excuses being mentioned.

Imagine thinking that of me!,2-1 now for Watford

Sorry pal, I do apologise. it's just that it read that way: " just skinned".

Pretty shitty day of results, Newcastle aside. Even Falkirk dropping points is bitter-sweet as I'd like them to over-take Hibs

Edited by SteveC

:)O'Halloran just skinned the BHEAST defense to set up an equaliser:)

I watched it specifically to see O'Halloran in action and he did not disappoint. He certainly made the the St. Johnstone goal and was there in till the end.

As one who was at the Gers v St. Johnstone @ Ibrox & watched him 'skin' our 2 defenders his speed alone would be and asset.

Hope the rumours of agreeing personal terms are true and we get an agreement with St J. over the line .................... without paying over the odds.

I watched it specifically to see O'Halloran in action and he did not disappoint. He certainly made the the St. Johnstone goal and was there in till the end.

As one who was at the Gers v St. Johnstone @ Ibrox & watched him 'skin' our 2 defenders his speed alone would be and asset.

Hope the rumours of agreeing personal terms are true and we get an agreement with St J. over the line .................... without paying over the odds.

Fair enough, does this mean I will have to rise above:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/we-found-rangers-out-st-6496915#6yWhxC77JF7hwwfm.97

I got that when I was reading about him on FF. interestingly (or perhaps not) a post about him being a "rabid ****" (that's a direct quote) and referencing acquaintances of him from his school days disappeared in front of my eyes moments after it had been posted.

Edited by SteveC