Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Why can it not just be that we have our own value on a player and if a Club want more we walk away ?
Do you really think figures of £100k to £200k deem a target no longer of sufficient value over the length of their contract? Why would we sign a player if we thought he couldn't bring more value than £200k above our initial valuation? That and MW would need to have no sense of reality if he thought we could get diagouraga and O'halleron for less than £200k a piece. He is too intelligent to not be able to add the circumstances up. Personally i wouldn't pay the money for either but to think MW would expect to sign those players for 200k or less a piece seems unlikely to me.

If we were talking in the millions here or Half million then fair enough but a couple of hundred grand cannot deem a player we previously thought good enough to build our future on no longer of value. Promotion alone will raise those players valuations by that small of an amount

Edited by trublusince1982

I don't understand your logic!,why are you always looking to blame Rangers?,I'm actually quite happy the way we are going,if any player doesn't want to sign for us why should it be seen as a negative towards Rangers?

What? who else is to blame if we don't secure our targets? what player didn't want to sign?

No player has had the chance because we cant meet their clubs valuation. In the case of diagouraga Brentford were obviously correct with their valuation since they have received the fee they wanted. We undervalued his worth in the market.

As said on another post if you think MW deems a player no longer of value because of such a small figure then we should never have been interested in the first place. Why would we buy players at a price we dont think we can raise by £200k.

So far we have missed our main targets and signed two players on short term contracts that obviously shows we are not sure about their merits. Not sure how you class that as a good omen for the future or smart practice.

What? who else is to blame if we don't secure our targets? what player didn't want to sign?

No player has had the chance because we cant meet their clubs valuation. In the case of diagouraga Brentford were obviously correct with their valuation since they have received the fee they wanted. We undervalued his worth in the market.

As said on another post if you think MW deems a player no longer of value because of such a small figure then we should never have been interested in the first place. Why would we buy players at a price we dont think we can raise by £200k.

So far we have missed our main targets and signed two players on short term contracts that obviously shows we are not sure about their merits. Not sure how you class that as a good omen for the future or smart practice.

You carry on with your negative outlook mate,I will carry on with my positive outlook,I will also trust the manager on values of players before you!

You carry on with your negative outlook mate,I will carry on with my positive outlook,I will also trust the manager on values of players before you!

Sorry didn't realise MW had told you his valuation of the players. What value did he place on them? :smokin:

You can accuse me of being negative all you want that's not how I see it. I am just evaluating the facts as presented. You are more than welcome to make excuses that suit your wanted outcome but please don't have a go at me for not following suit and accepting excuses that hold no water.

Sorry didn't realise MW had told you his valuation of the players. What value did he place on them? :smokin:

You can accuse me of being negative all you want that's not how I see it. I am just evaluating the facts as presented. You are more than welcome to make excuses that suit your wanted outcome but please don't have a go at me for not following suit and accepting excuses that hold no water.

As I said,carry on, I can't change your opinion!,I'm enjoying it.

I don't get the dismay over the failure to get Diagouraga.

If we need a defensive MF why noy play Dominic Ball there? Or try & get Crooks released early?

FWIW I'd like to see Halliday played further up the park as I think he'd be more effective there but my biggest concern in this transfer window is getting in a decent striker(even on loan)