Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

The bottom line is we have a new board,new manager,new team and so far we are doing great,players will come and go as normal!,we bid for players and some will come and some will not,as normal!.

Have a bit of faith in the new board,new manager and new team!,we are doing excellent and will only get better,enjoy what we are witnessing and part of,the only way is up!.

I don't get the dismay over the failure to get Diagouraga.

If we need a defensive MF why noy play Dominic Ball there? Or try & get Crooks released early?

FWIW I'd like to see Halliday played further up the park as I think he'd be more effective there but my biggest concern in this transfer window is getting in a decent striker(even on loan)

Probably work better having Keirnan play there.

I think peoples concerns are that we might struggle if Waggy were to pick up a knock

Agreed,but not the most priority for me,everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course,however considering the goals we have scored facts prove that we do not have a serious problem in that department!,defensive weakness is my concern!

As we are now just a week away from the window "slamming shut" (as they say on SSN!) it is most disappointing that our only business has been a winger who can't even get on from the bench when we are 4-0 up, and a reserve goalie who, injury to Wes aside, won't be chosen to play.

MW said many times he wanted his business done early, and it is as clear as day that we need to improve our starting 11 for next season but we haven't added one first pick to the squad, yet.

MW is also on record as saying it all gets a bit crazy in the last few days of the window, which I would agree with, but here we are with no improvement. Forrester in and Oduwa out and a new sub goalie that wasn't needed hasn't changed our squad at all.

I'm comfortable we will win this league come May without any additions but for me this window should have been all about progression of the squad towards next season. MW has spoken many times about squad unity and not bringing in too many at one time, but if we can't get quality (and I certainly don't mean two guys from feckin Accrington) into our squad in the next week, we will have to bring in around 10 new faces in the summer, which is the exact opposite of what MW has been saying since day 1.

Not only am I uninspired by the two we have brought in and the 2 we have pre-contracted, I am even completely unimpressed with the targets we are missing!

Hopefully negotiations are ongoing and we can get a couple of players in to improve the first team this week. There are to my mind 5 places needing improved right now. 2 centre backs, def mid, creative mid, and striker. Wilson, Kiernan, Halliday (in current position), Law/Shiels/Zelalem, and Miller are all sub-standard IMO for next season.

Wes, Tav, Wallace, Holt, Waggy & McKay will all be fine next season I think, although I still have some doubts over some of them they have earned the chance to see if they are good enough and if we can bring in some quality to play in the other 5 slots we can win the title, or at least run the worst ever Celtic team close ( as embarrassing as that is to admit we may have to settle for 2nd to as bad a side as that).

It is up to our management and board to deliver. They have one week to show we are on track.

Perhaps Leeds paid over the odds.

Over the odds by how much £100k? That's some exact estimating of a players value we must be doing never mind the fact we are assuming MW didn't value the players higher.

So in one hand MW is fantastic at spotting talent and getting them to reach their potential and in the other hand he cant get a players value to grow by margin greater than £100k!

I think we should just leave it now the excuse holds no weight the same as constantly blaming the other party as each transfer. Our job is to secure our targets that will help us achieve the big picture not be left holding the bag for the sake of £100k.

I think the fault lies in the way we deal with transfers you think its the players value thats the stumbling block.